Exploring the Connected Home & Handheld Devices
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course is intended as a non-technical examination of the development path for convergence and device integration in an IPTV world, explaining the current and future evolution to the home media infrastructure. Points covered include:
- Purchase and ownership trends for consumer devices.
- Device hierarchy – and the rise of the home gateway.
- DNLA and other ‘enabling’ technologies.
- Development plans of the major device manufacturers and TV platforms.
- The content and communications models that new devices enable.
This course is intended to build on the Landscape Overview and provide participants with a deeper understanding of the consumer device landscape in the home, showing how consumer electronics are converging to create a new 'home media ecosystem'.
Purchase and ownership trends for consumer devices (4 topics)
- Overview of ownership key CE products
- The acceleration of the purchase cycle
- Drivers of technology take up - HD, 3D, connectivity
- Forecast trends in device ownership
Device hierarchy - and the rise of the home gateway (3 topics)
- The growth in 'connectivity'
- TV at the heart - smart devices integrated into IPTV outcomes
- Functionality vs device
DNLA and other (4 topics)
- Digital Lifestyle Network Alliance
- HbbTV and the rise of the TV browser
- Proprietary networking technologies of the major manufacturers
- 'Ultraviolet' and other content alliance formats
Development plans of the major device manufacturers and TV platforms (3 topics)
- Device manufacturers - Sony, Samsung, LG & Panasonic
- Trade alliances around standards - Sharp, Loewe
- Device strategies of the major IPTV platforms
The Content & Communications Models That Are Enabled (2 topics)
- Device support for 2 and 3 screen content strategies
- Device strategies around search and discovery
Emerging TV Landscape or equivalent knowledge.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
The Emerging TV Landscape
This 1-day course provides a non-technical overview of how IPTV is impacting the current TV, video and digital media markets.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.