Administering Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This two-day instructor led course has a focus for TFS administrators wishing to pass Microsoft exam 70-512 - MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration.
This course is intended for candidates who install, configure, and manage a Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2010 implementation. Candidates typically work in a development organization that provides process automation services by using TFS.
At the end of the course, delegates will:
- Have a solid understanding of the TFS architecture and components.
- Understand installation and configuration of TFS in both single-server and multi-server configurations.
- Understand security management for TFS components.
- Understand configuration and use of Team Build.
- Understand adaptation of process templates.
- Understand the management of project artefacts with TFS version control.
- Understand configuration and use of work item tracking.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Installing and Configuring TFS (5 topics)
- Installing TFS
- Configuring the TFS application tier
- Migrating and upgrading from earlier TFS versions
- Installing and configuring team lab
- Installing and configuring multiple build agents and controllers
Managing TFS (6 topics)
- Managing Team Project Collections
- Configuring backup and recovery
- Monitoring server health and performance
- Administration of the TFS application tier
- Managing reporting for TFS
- Establishing automated functional and UI tests
Customizing TFS for Team Use (5 topics)
- Modifying a process template
- Configuring a team project
- Applying work item customisations
- Creating Work Item Query Language (WIQL) queries
- Configuring client connectivity to TFS
Administering TFS version control and build (7 topics)
- Creating and managing workspaces
- Configuring shelvesets
- Branching and merging source artefacts
- Configuring a version control proxy
- Configuring team project version control settings
- Configuring a team build definition
- Configuring and executing a build