Data Analysis with Microsoft SQL Report Builder (v2.0 and v3.0)
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to produce reports using Report Builder. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use the product features and tools related to data retrieval, visualisations and deployment. This course is intended for end users will produce reports for their department or group.
For enterprise Report Designers the M6236 course may be better suited as it covers report designer within Visual Studio, building report models, security and report server maintenance.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Publish reports to a report server.
- Create data sources and data sets.
- Work with tablix reports.
- Work with report visualisations.
- Add interactivity to reports.
- Use Report Builder v3.0 functionality.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Overview of Report Builder
Adding Data Sources and Data Sets (2 topics)
- Use various data sources and data sets including TSQL and MDX
- Set source connection and credentials
Tabular Reports (7 topics)
- Set page and report settings
- Review the different tabular report data regions (table, matrix and list)
- Set textbox properties such as number formatting
- Set table sorting and interactive sorting
- Add groups to columns and rows
- Add a document map
- Add interactivity with expand and collapse using hide and show
Visualisations (6 topics)
- Review chart types available
- Add visualisations to a report
Interactivity (3 topics)
- Add parameters
- Linked parameters
Report Builder 3.0 features (7 topics)
- Add maps
- New Visualisations
- Data bars
- Shared data sets
- Report parts
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality. (Use windows explorer / internet explorer (i.e. things like find web page , create a folder); Login (CTRL+ALT+DELETE); Use a mouse, start menu etc.)
- Knowledge of Transact-SQL and MDX queries would be an advantage but not essential.
- In addition, it would be an advantage if delegates had attended either of the following courses:
- M50027 Querying and Processing SQL Server 2005 Data with SQL Statements
- M2778 Writing Queries Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Transact-SQL
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Querying SQL Databases using T-SQL
This 2-day hands-on training course offering the skills needed for Querying and Processing SQL Server Data Using Microsoft SQL Server.