Microsoft SharePoint Online Team Site Management
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge required for a Site Owner role. You will create, customise and manage SharePoint online sites and workspaces in response to the differing needs of your site members and visitors, and according to the infrastructure of the business.
You will identify the roles and expectations of a site owner. You will see how to manage sites and users by defining permissions, structure, content and policy. You will see how to gather information about the site's usage as a means to maintain the site and identify where improvements can be made.
- Define the site architecture model
- Create and manage user groups
- Define SharePoint site and content security with permissions
- Define and create the navigation model for sites and apps
- Design the appropriate tools to search for content
- Apply their knowledge of web page editing to make content easier to process
- Create site reports to analyse and maintain SharePoint sites and their usage
Please note: QA reserves the right to change the contents of this course without prior notice due to the online nature of the software and regular updates rolled out by Microsoft.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Site Architecture Model (9 topics)
- First steps of planning
- Information hierarchy
- Site structure
- Roles within team site management
- Site types
- SharePoint object naming
- Creating SharePoint objects
- Site Solutions
Users, Groups and Permissions (9 topics)
- Understand permissions
- Security elements
- Permission planning process
- Create and manage permission levels
- Create and manage SharePoint Groups
- Create and manage users in a group
- Permission inheritance
- Quick Share
- Permission Tips
Managing Site Content (7 topics)
- Managing site columns
- Apply site columns to apps
- Index columns
- Taxonomy and terms
- Site content types
- Document sets
Navigation Structure (9 topics)
- Team site navigation
- Top Link bar
- Quick Launch pane
- Direct link editing
- Links list
- Promoted links
- Metadata navigation and filtering
- Site Search
- Publishing site navigation
Web Part Pages (7 topics)
- Site web pages
- Web Parts
- Web part connections
- Additional web parts
- View and form pages
- Audience targeting
- Group Calendars
Reports (5 topics)
- SharePoint reports
- Usage reports
- Search reports
- Inventory reports
- Audit log reports
- A basic understanding of Windows 7, 8 or higher
- Good experience using Internet Explorer or an equivalent browser
- Fundamental experience with Office 365 is recommended, such as Log in and navigation around the service.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, such as Word and Excel
- Experience with the topics covered on, or have attended, the SharePoint Online End User Level 1 (QASPEUOL1) and SharePoint Online Core Skills Level 2 (QASPEUOL2) or equivalent courses.
- Have an understanding of what is expected of them by their organisation as a team site owner and how their newly developed skills will be used in the business.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.