Building Effective ASP.NET MVC 3.0 Web Sites using Visual Studio 2010
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course provides the necessary skills and techniques to design and write scalable, robust and secure web applications using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and the ASP.NET MVC 3 Framework.
You will gain in-depth technical knowledge of ASP.NET MVC 3 and its related technologies and obtain practical insights into developing enterprise-scale, data-driven web applications. Throughout the course you will be building a fully functional ASP.NET MVC 3 web solution, using best practices including writing secure code to protect against potential malicious attacks.
The course introduces Testable Design Patterns and promotes Test Driven Development with ASP.NET MVC 3. The course is presented as a mixture of lectures and hands-on exercises. Instructions and solutions are provided in both C# 4.0 and Visual Basic 2010, enabling you to work with your choice of language. (Before attending, delegates must already know one of these .NET languages.)
Delegates will learn how to
- Create ASP.NET MVC projects using Visual Studio 2010.
- Define and customise views and partial views.
- Use Master Pages and CSS to enforce design principles.
- Use validation techniques to ensure input data accuracy.
- Create controllers and actions.
- Use custom routes to match URLs to actions.
- Implement views using both ASPX and Razor view engines.
- Structure an ASP.NET MVC 3 application.
- Query and manipulate data by using LINQ.
- Use the Entity Framework to create models.
- Understand how to integrate WebForms and MVC.
- Implement authentication, authorisation and role based security using the ASP.NET 4.0 membership system and action filters.
- Create and use simple ASP.NET Web Services and WCF services.
- Create unit tests and implement Test Driven Development.
- Deploy your applications with one-click publishing and web deployment packages.
- Use the MVC 3 enhancements including Dependency Injection improvements and Global filters.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Web Application Architectures (6 topics)
- Internet fundamentals review
- Overview of web application architectures
- Simple web application
- The role of IIS 7.0
- Overview of ASP.NET 4.0
- The request lifecycle
Creating ASP.NET MVC 3 projects in Visual Studio 2010 (5 topics)
- Creating an MVC 3 project
- Project and solution structures
- ASP.NET MVC folder structure
- Essential features for web development
- Understanding code separation
Models (6 topics)
- The role of the Model
- Creating the Model
- Data access technologies
- Entity framework
- EF Code First
- Implementing a repository
Controllers (7 topics)
- Controller architecture
- Action methods
- Action parameters
- Action result types
- Passing data to views
- Asynchronous actions
Action Filters (4 topics)
- Action filter types
- Control the execution of actions or controllers using action filters
- Custom action filters
- Filter providers
Views (5 topics)
- Views and partial views
- Master layout pages
- Using data in views
- HTML helper methods
- Custom view engines
Validation and error handling (4 topics)
- Types of validation
- Schema validation
- Handling errors
Ajax (7 topics)
- Introducing AJAX
- AJAX frameworks
- ASP.NET AJAX
- AJAX toolkits
Request Routing and Mapping URLs (5 topics)
- What are routes?
- Defining and using routes
- Literals and constraints
- Debugging routes
Services (5 topics)
- Writing Web services with ASP.NET
- Attributes for web services
- Writing a WCF service
- Configuring a WCF service
- Consuming a web service or a WCF service
Securing the Application (6 topics)
- Security concepts
- IIS authentication options
- ASP.NET authentication modes
- Membership and Role APIs and providers
- Windows and Forms authentication
- Client side authentication
Managing State (5 topics)
- The need for state management
- Maintaining state between views
- Maintaining state across all views
- Maintaining state between sessions
Combining Technologies (5 topics)
- ASP.NET technologies
- Reasons to combine technologies
- Adding MVC to WebForms applications
- Adding WebForms to MVC applications
- Sharing data and resources
Testing (4 topics)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Writing tests in Visual Studio 2010
- Dependency Injection
- Mocking HttpContext
Deploying the Application (7 topics)
- Files to deploy
- Requirements for IIS
- Online and offline publishing
- One-click publishing
- Build configurations
- Web deployment packages
- web.config transformation
- Delegates should have an existing knowledge of a .NET programming language (C#3.0/4.0 or VB 2008/2010).
- Delegates without these skills would benefit from attending a .NET programming language course.
- Delegates are not required to have any experience in ASP.NET WebForm development.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Digital Web Development Fundamentals
This 5-day training course illustrates the technologies and tools available developing an effective website best suited to modern devices
The Microsoft C# 4.0 Programming Language
This 4-day course gives delegates to skills to write .Net applications with the C# 4.0 Programming Language.
The C# 3.0 Programming Language
The C# 3.0 Programming Language 4-day training course is for developers who will use C# to write .NET Framework applications new to the C# language