Basic NetApp Configuration and Administration
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
The Basic NetApp Configuration and Administration course will get you started providing basic support and administrative tasks on NetApp® storage systems running the Data ONTAP® 8.0.1 7-Mode operating system. In this course you will learn how to perform basic administration tasks such as creating aggregates, volumes, qtrees, LUNS and managing administrative access.
This course includes interactive labs where the students will perform skills taught in the course. By the end of this course you will be getting started on how to apply administrative tasks on NetApp® storage systems running the Data ONTAP® 8.0.1 7- Mode operating system.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Objectives (9 topics)
- Explain the basic features and functions of DATA ONTAP 8.0.1 7-Mode
- Access the My Support knowledge base to obtain hardware and software documentation
- Identify basic NetApp hardware components including storage system, shelves
- Getting started on the use of My AutoSupport features and other customer self support tools
- Describe how the WAFL file system processes read and write requests
- Connect to a NetApp storage system through the NetApp System Manager
- Getting started with Network administration on Data ONTAP
- Getting started on applying system administration tasks to manage and protect data
- Apply message logging and NetApp support features to maintain a NetApp storage system
- Data ONTAP 8.0 7-Mode Fundamentals WBT
- Introduction to NetApp Products WBT
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .