Operational Foundations for Cisco Service Provider Core Networks
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This five-day instructor led course is designed to introduce Tier 2 and Tier 3 personnel to the service provider network operations environment, processes-orientation, management tools and methods enabling them to practice the primary roles and tasks associated with Network Operatons personnel.
The aim is to help prepare individuals for the Cisco CCNP® SP Operations certification exams, providing an excellent base of knowledge which delegates can build on when they attend the more focused additional courses within the professionel level accreditation.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe service provider NGN technology trends and their impact on operational environments
- Describe the various NMS tools available to monitor networks and network devices
- Implement incident (event) management procedures
- Demonstrate fault management procedures
- Describe the configuration management process
- Demonstrate change management procedures
- Identify performance management procedures
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Operations Functions, Models, and Processes Review (3 topics)
- Reviewing Network Operations, History, Structures, and Frameworks
- Describing Service Transition
- Describing Network Operations Processes and Metrics
Cisco IOS XR Software and Fundamentals (4 topics)
- Describing Cisco IOS XR Software Architecture and Features
- Performing Standard Operations on Cisco IOS XR Software
- Describing and Implementing an Initial Configuration
- Downloading and Installing New Software and Patches
Change Management Procedures (2 topics)
- Describing Change Management, Specific to the Role of Tiers 2 and 3 Operations
- Creating MOP Documents
Configuration Management Procedures (3 topics)
- Describing Release Management
- Describing Tiers 2 and 3 Configuration Management Roles
- Modifying Scripts that Support Process Automation
IP NGN Troubleshooting skills (4 topics)
- Describing Advanced Troubleshooting Methodologies
- Describing Layer 1 and Layer Device Connectivity
- Reviewing Routing
- Using Protocol Analyzers to View Traffic Flows
Perfomance Management on IP NGN Components (4 topics)
- Maintaining the Performance and Availability of Network Services
- Understanding Problem Management
- Understanding Capacity Manegement
- Applying SLM
Labs (19 topics)
- Lab 1-1: Verify Lab Access
- Lab 1-2: Review Incident Tickets
- Lab 1-3: Implement an IP NGN Upgrade
- Lab 2-1: Use the Cisco IOS XR Software CLI
- Lab 3-1: Create, Submit, and Approve Change Requests
- Lab 3-2: Create a Change MOP
- Lab 3-3: Plan and Schedule a Change Request
- Lab 3-4: Implement a Change Request
- Lab 3-5: Change Management Labs Debrief
- Lab 4-1: Use Tcl Scripts
- Lab 5-1: Resolve Escalated Incident Tickets
- Lab 5-2: Resolve an Escalated Layer 2 Network Issue
- Lab 5-4: Use Wireshark,snoop and tcpdump
- Lab 5-5: Resolve an Escalated Network Authentication Issue
- Lab 5-6: Resolve an Escalated Timestamp Issue
- Lab 5-7: Resolve an Escalated Device Authentication Issue
- Lab 5-8: Troubleshoot Labs Debrief
- Lab 6-1: Resolve Performance Threshold Alert Issues
- Lab 6-2: Execute Proactive Actions for Threshold Alerts
- IP networking fundamentals, ICND1 recommended.
- Operations process knowledge, represented by Enhanced Telecom Operations Map (eTOM) or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITILÂ®) training or recommendations.
- Troubleshooting methodology knowledge or experience as applied to IP network environments.
- UNIX or Linux operational system experience or general familiarity.
- Have attended the Cisco SSPO course.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Supporting Cisco Service Provider IP NGN Operations
This 5-day course introduced entry-level personnel to the service provider network operations environment.Scheduled Online Onsite
ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1
A 5-day Training Course on ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1; Install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network.