Maintaining Cisco Service Provider Routing Protocols
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The Maintaining Service Provider Routing Protocols (MSPRP) course is a five-day instructor-led training (ILT) course designed to provide learners with the knowledge needed to provide support in a service-provider environment using an Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) such as Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) or Intermediate System-to- Intermediate System (IS-IS) and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). It also provides learners with an understanding of advanced routing policies using route maps with Cisco IOS® Software and Routing Policy Language (RPL) with Cisco IOS XR Software. The course focuses on monitoring and troubleshooting these technologies in service provider environments.
This course is part of the new SP Ops professional level career certification and will prepare and validate learner proficiency in monitoring and troubleshooting interior gateway protocols (IGPs) and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) on the service provider core next generation networking network.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify the typical routing requirements in service provider networks, list the routing solutions, and describe the change, performance, and fault management procedures.
- Change the routing configuration that is based on designs and implementation templates, as well as change management processes and procedures based on Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®).
- Gather and interpret performance statistics for routing protocols using various tools such as show commands and monitoring tools that are based on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
- Perform fault management for routing protocols using various tools such as show commands and monitoring tools.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Service Provider Routing Operation Processes (4 topics)
- Understanding Service Provider Routing Protocols
- Using Routing Protocol Tools
- Using Management and Monitoring Tools
- Applying Service Provider Routing Operation Processes Based on ITIL
Change Management for Routing Protocols (6 topics)
- Understanding Routing Protocol Requirements
- Adding Routers to the Core Network
- Modifying Core Routing Parameters
- Connecting Single-Homed Customers to the Network
- Connecting Multihomed Customers to the Network
- Modifying Routing Paths
Performance Management for Routing Protocols (4 topics)
- Auditing Internal Routing
- Auditing External Routing
- Testing Internal Routing
- Testing External Routing
Fault Management for Routing Protocols (2 topics)
- Troubleshooting Routing Issues in the Network
- Troubleshooting External Routing Issues
Labs (8 topics)
- Lab 2-1: Adding a New Router to the Network
- Lab 2-2: Connecting a Single-Homed Customer to the Network
- Lab 2-3: Connecting a Multihomed Customer to the Network
- Lab 2-4: Modifying Routing Paths
- Lab 3-1: Auditing Routing
- Lab 3-2: Testing Routing
- Lab 4-1: Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues in the Network
- Lab 4-2: Troubleshooting External Routing Issues
- IP networking skills and experience using Cisco IOS Software command line interface (CLI). ICND1 required.
- Operations process knowledge and ability to use NMS tools to monitor networks and network devices. SSPO required.
- Ability to implement service provider change management procedures and configuration management procedures. OFCN required.
- Understanding of and ability to identify the critical factors for availability, scalability and manageability of OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP.Self-study training in these areas may be found on the Cisco Learning Network website at https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/index.jspa?ciscoHome=trueoralternatively attend a BCN course.
- Ability to implement Cisco IOS Software and Cisco IOS XR Software configuration and monitoring commands. XRFUND and OFCN recommended.
- UNIX and/or Linux operating system experience as applied to IP network environments.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Operational Foundations for Cisco Service Provider Core Networks
This 5-day course introduced Tier 2 and Tier 3 personnel to the service provider network operations environment.
Supporting Cisco Service Provider IP NGN Operations
This 5-day course introduced entry-level personnel to the service provider network operations environment.