Maintaining Cisco Service Provider Quality of Service
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This is a three-day instructor-led course designed to provide delegates with the knowledge needed to provide support in a service-provider environment using quality-of-service (QoS) mechanisms. The course focuses on the QoS mechanisms, how they are implemented using Cisco IOS® Software and Cisco IOS XR Software, and how to perform monitoring and troubleshooting of QoS in service provider environments.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify the typical QoS requirements in service provider networks, list the solutions, and describe the change, performance, and fault management procedures for QoS.
- Perform changes in the configuration of QoS based on designs and implementation templates, as well as ITIL®-based change management processes and procedures.
- Gather and interpret performance statistics for QoS mechanisms using various tools such as show commands and SNMP-based monitoring tools, and propose changes and improvements that are based on the acquired information.
- Perform fault management for QoS mechanisms using various tools, such as show commands and SNMP-based monitoring tools.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Service Provider QoS Operation Processes (2 topics)
- Introducing Service Provider QoS
- Using Service Provider QoS Operation Processes Based on ITIL
Change Management for QoS (3 topics)
- Implementing QoS Mechanisms in Service Provider Networks
- Adding Core and Edge Routers or Core and Edge Links and Implementing QoS
- Lab 2-1 Debrief
Performance Management for QoS (2 topics)
- Monitoring QoS Performance in the Core and at the Edge
- Lab 3-1 Debrief
Fault Management for QoS (2 topics)
- Troubleshooting QoS at the Edge and in the Core
- Lab 4-1 Debrief
Labs (4 topics)
- Lab 1-1: Monitoring Edge Routers
- Lab 2-1: Adding QoS to Edge Routers
- Lab 3-1: Monitoring QoS using Cisco IOS IP SLAs
- Lab 4-1: Troubleshooting QoS
- IP networking skills and experience using Cisco IOS Software command line interface (CLI). ICND1 required.
- Operations process knowledge and ability to use NMS tools to monitor networks and network devices. SSPO required.
- Ability to implement service provider change management procedures and configuration management procedures. OFCN required.
- Understanding of and ability to identify the critical factors for availability, scalability and manageability of OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP. Self-study training in these areas may be found on the Cisco Learning Network website at https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/index.jspa?ciscoHome=true or alternatively attend a BCN course. Prior attendance of MSPVM is recommended.
- Ability to implement Cisco IOS Software and Cisco IOS XR Software configuration and monitoring commands. XRFUND and OFCN recommended.
- UNIX and/or Linux operating system experience as applied to IP network environments.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Maintaining Cisco Service Provider VPNs and MPLS Networks
This 5-day cpirse provides delegates with the skills required to provide support in a service provider environment for services that are based on MPLS.
Operational Foundations for Cisco Service Provider Core Networks
This 5-day course introduced Tier 2 and Tier 3 personnel to the service provider network operations environment.
Supporting Cisco Service Provider IP NGN Operations
This 5-day course introduced entry-level personnel to the service provider network operations environment.
ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1
A 5-day Training Course on ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1; Install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network.