Using the Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step Methodology for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course provides students with the information and tools to use the Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step Methodology. It is intended for new and existing Microsoft Dynamics partners, Microsoft consultants and project managers who will use the Sure Step methodology to guide them in customer implementations of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft CRM implementation projects.
After completing the course, students will be able to:
Describe the implementation model that supports the Sure Step Methodology; describe the structure, organization, and components of the Sure Step Methodology; use the Sure Step Methodology; use the project management strategies, tools, and templates in the Sure Step Methodology to manage a successful engagement; customize the Sure Step Methodology to incorporate partner-specific methodologies, templates, and tools; describe how the Sure Step Methodology supports different types of implementation scenarios.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction (11 topics)
- What is the Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step Methodology?
- The Value of Sure Step Methodology
- Benefits of using Sure Step Methodology
- The Sure Step Methodology Model
- Who Uses the Sure Step Methodology?
- The Sure Step Methodology Model and Other Microsoft Frameworks
- Sure Step Methodology Platform Structure
- Navigating the Sure Step Methodology
- Using Other Sure Step Tools with the Sure Step Methodology
- Installing the Sure Step Methodology
- Lab: Exploring the Sure Step Methodology
Implementation Phases and Offerings (11 topics)
- Overview of the Implementation Methodology
- Diagnostic Phase
- Analysis Phase
- Design Phase
- Development Phase
- Deployment Phase
- Operation Phase
- Optimization Phase
- Upgrade Phase
- Sure Step Methodology Offerings
- Lab: Using the Sure Step Methodology.
Managing Implementation Projects (13 topics)
- Common Problems in Implementation Projects
- Project Management Components in the Sure Step Methodology
- Integration of Project Management Tasks
- Project Management Processes
- Project Management Disciplines
- Cross Phase Processes
- Project Management Deliverables
- Project Management Tools and Templates
- Using the Project Repository
- Best Practices for Managing Implementation Projects
- Lab: Managing Implementation Projects with the Project Repository
- Lab: Managing Proposals with the Sure Step Methodology
- Lab: Working with the Project Management Processes and Deliverables
Customizing the Sure Step Methodology (12 topics)
- Why Customize the Sure Step Methodology?
- Sure Step Methodology Architecture
- Sure Step Methodology Editor
- Creating a Customized Version of the Sure Step Methodology
- Adding and Modifying Content Sections
- Managing Tools & Template Sections
- Configuring Filters
- Generating Static Content
- Deploying a Customized Version
- Best Practices for Customizing the Sure Step Methodology
- Lab: Customizing the Sure Step Methodology
- Lab: Adding New Tools and Templates to the Sure Step Methodology
Implementation Scenarios (4 topics)
- Implementation Projects
- Complex Rollout Scenarios
- Best Practices
- Lab: Determining an Implementation Approach
Before attending this course, students must have the following pre-requisites:
- A general understanding of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM application functionality.
- Experience with business processes, application functionality, and complex installation and configuration projects.
- Experience in business application planning, installation, and configuration.
- Familiarity with IT project management principles.
- Experience in one of the following implementation roles: application consultants, developer consultants or project managers.
- Experience in one or more Microsoft Dynamics CRM implementations.