Integrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course teaches students the basic skills required to create integrated applications that utilize data and features from both Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. It is intended for business analysts and solution designers, power-users and customizers and .NET developers who need an introduction to Dynamics CRM and SharePoint integration techniques.
After completing the course, students will be able to: Understand the kinds of business problems SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics CRM are designed to solve; learn Microsoft Dynamics CRM customization techniques required to build integrated applications; learn how to use a static or dynamic URL for a Microsoft Dynamics CRM record to display associated content in SharePoint; work with SharePoint Web Parts and Pages; use the List Web Part for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0; use SharePoint Designer Data Views to expose Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 data; use the Business Data Catalog with data from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Filtered Views; configure, publish, and view Excel spreadsheets; overview the Web Parts available for the Business Data Catalog and Excel Services; understand the basics of calling the Dynamics CRM 4.0 Web Services from a SharePoint ASP.NET page.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction and Overview (2 topics)
- The Right Tool for the Job
- Common Integration Scenarios
Extending Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 with data from SharePoint (4 topics)
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Customization Basics
- Extending Microsoft Dynamics CRM Using IFRAMEs with Static URLs
- Extending Microsoft Dynamics CRM Using IFRAMEs with Dynamic URLs
- Lab: Search for SharePoint for Information related to a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Account Record.
Consume Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Data from Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (4 topics)
- Understanding and Working with SharePoint Web Parts and Pages
- Understanding and Using the List Web Part for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- Understanding and Using SharePoint Designer Data Views to Expose Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Data
- Lab: Working with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 List View Web Part
Building Data-Aware Applications Using Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (3 topics)
- Understanding and Using the Business Data Catalog with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
- Understanding and Using Excel Services
- Building a MOSS 2007 Dashboard using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Data
Advanced Integration Scenarios (2 topics)
- Building a Basic Web-to-Lead ASP.NET Page
- Lab: Building a Web-to-Lead Application
Before attending this course, students must have the following pre-requisites:
- Attended Course 8913, or have equivalent experience.
- Be familiar with basic use of SharePoint sites, lists and document libraries.
- Have some familiarity with basic customization techniques in either Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 or SharePoint.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .