Microsoft SharePoint Online Master Class
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course applies to the following platforms: SharePoint Online
The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge required to fulfill the role of a Power User, Super-User, or within an IT Support role to support end users. This course gives you the insight and experience beyond a Site Owner or Site Collection Administrator role. You will create, customise and manage SharePoint online sites and workspaces in response to the differing needs of your site members and visitors, and according to the infrastructure of the business.
You will identify the roles and expectations of your team or organisation and create site solutions by defining permissions, structure, content and policy. You will see how to gather information about the site's usage as a means to maintain the site and identify where improvements can be made.
- Understand, plan and deploy a SharePoint Site solution for business needs.
- Manage your team with groups and permissions.
- Create Custom Lists and Libraries with special content types for learning and support.
- Customise Library and List settings to reflect course project requirements.
- Edit web pages to keep your team informed of the project progress.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Understanding SharePoint (9 topics)
- Topic A: Office 365 and SharePoint Online
- Topic B: Governance and the Information Worker
- Topic C: SharePoint Information Structure
- Topic D: Connect to Office 365
- Topic E: Connect Microsoft Outlook to Office 365
- Topic F: Connect Microsoft Office to Office 365
- Topic G: Credential Manager
- Topic H: The SharePoint Environment
- Topic I: SharePoint Live Updates
Site Architecture Model (7 topics)
- Topic A: First Steps of Planning
- Topic B: Site Structure
- Topic C: Roles within Team Site Management
- Topic D: Types of End Users
- Topic E: Site Types
- Topic F: SharePoint Object Naming
- Topic G: Initial Site Settings
SharePoint Apps (9 topics)
- Topic A: What is a SharePoint App?
- Topic B: SharePoint List Apps
- Topic C: The List App Interface
- Topic D: Identify your Site Content
- Topic E: Effective Management of Apps
- Topic F: Choose the Experience
- Topic G: App Settings to consider
- Topic H: Manage List Items
- Topic I: The Site Recycle Bin
SharePoint Library Apps (4 topics)
- Topic A: Working with SharePoint Library Apps
- Topic B: The Library App Interface
- Topic C: Working with Documents
- Topic D: Document Item Menu
Manage Built-in Apps (3 topics)
- Topic A: Picture Libraries
- Topic B: Discussion Boards
- Topic C: Surveys
Metadata and Columns (9 topics)
- Topic A: Define your Metadata
- Topic B: Column Types and Sizes
- Topic C: Systems and Site Metadata
- Topic D: Hyperlink / Picture Columns
- Topic E: Lookup Columns
- Topic F: Calculated Columns
- Topic G: Managed Metadata Columns
- Topic H: Metadata Integrity
- Topic I: Rating Settings
Working with Views (3 topics)
- Topic A: Understanding Views
- Topic B: Managing Views
- Topic C: Use Styles in Views
Users, Groups and Permissions (9 topics)
- Topic A: Understand Permissions
- Topic B: Security Elements
- Topic C: Permission Planning Process
- Topic D: Create and Manage Permission Levels
- Topic E: Create and Manage SharePoint Groups
- Topic F: Create and Manage Users in Groups
- Topic G: Permission Inheritance
- Topic H: Quick Share
- Topic I: Permission Tips
Manage Site Content (7 topics)
- Topic A: Manage Site Columns
- Topic B: Apply Site Columns to Apps
- Topic C: Index Columns
- Topic D: Taxonomy and Terms
- Topic E: Site Content Types
- Topic F: Document Sets
- Topic G: Folders
Workflows (6 topics)
- Topic H: Understanding Workflows
- Topic I: Enable Workflow Templates
- Topic J: Add a Workflow
- Topic K: Manually Start a Workflow
- Topic L: View Running Workflow History
- Topic M: Allow, Retire or Remove a Workflow
Discover Information (5 topics)
- Topic A: Social Connection
- Topic B: Delve
- Topic C: Search
- Topic D: Social Networking using Newsfeeds
- Topic E: Manage your Personal Site
Site Search and Navigation (9 topics)
- Topic A: Team Site Navigation
- Topic B: Top Link Bar
- Topic C: The Quick Launch Pane
- Topic D: Direct Link Editing
- Topic E: Links List
- Topic F: Promoted Links
- Topic G: Metadata Navigation and Filtering
- Topic H: Site Search
- Topic I: Publishing Site Navigation
Web Page Editing (14 topics)
- Topic A: Site Web Page Structure
- Topic B: Web Page Content Types
- Topic C: Site Pages
- Topic D: Wiki Pages
- Topic E: Formatting Wiki Pages
- Topic F: Pictures
- Topic G: Adding Web Media
- Topic H: Hyperlinks
- Topic I: Hyperlink to an Email Address
- Topic J: Web Parts
- Topic K: Web Part Connections
- Topic L: Additional Web Parts
- Topic M: View and Form Pages
- Topic N: Audience Targeting
Report and Reuse Content (6 topics)
- Topic A: SharePoint Reports
- Topic B: Inventory Reports
- Topic C: Usage Reports
- Topic D: Search Reports
- Topic E: Audit log reports
- Topic F: Reporting using PowerBI
- Ideal for user with no prior SharePoint experience or knowledge.
- A good understanding of Windows 7, 8 or higher.
- Experience using Internet Explorer 10, 11 or equivalent browser.
- Experience with relational databases, web design and/or programming (such as VBA) are useful but not essential.
- Fundamental experience with Office 365 is recommended, such as Log in and navigation around the service.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, such as Word and Excel.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.