M50466: Windows Azure Solutions with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Cloud Technology Training Courses.
Cloud Computing (3 topics)
- Understand the different types of cloud computing offerings.
- Explain how Windows Azure fits into the cloud computing landscape.
- Set up a Windows Azure account.
Windows Azure Architecture (4 topics)
- Understand the pieces of the Windows Azure platform.
- Explore the Windows Azure Developer Portal.
- Setup a cloud project in Visual Studio.
- Understand the difference between the Dev Fabric/Storage and Windows Azure.
Windows Azure Web Roles (10 topics)
- Create a Cloud Application using Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio.
- Explore the Web role project.
- Configure a Web role project.
- See a multi-instance role running in Dev Fabric.
- Modify the application to use a custom configuration setting.
- Optionally, see a Web role cloud project deployed to Windows Azure.
- Explore migrating ASP.NET applications to Windows Azure.
- Build a simple Windows Azure cloud application.
- Dynamically configure a Windows Azure cloud application through the Developer Portal.
- Determine the costs of running an application in Windows Azure.
Local Storage (3 topics)
- Create local storage for use by a Windows Azure application.
- See Windows Azure scalability through multiple role instances.
- Design applications use of the file system using local storage or Azure Drive.
Windows Azure Storage and Queues (6 topics)
- Setup Windows Azure message queue.
- Create a Windows Azure Storage Account.
- Use the Windows Azure Client library to access Windows Azure storage.
- Deploy applications to Windows Azure that use Windows Azure Storage.
- Understand the difference between Dev Storage and Windows Azure Storage.
- Explore Windows Azure Storage with external tools.
Blob Storage (2 topics)
- Access blob data from Windows Azure or on-premise applications.
- Use the Windows Azure Client library or REST to access blob storage.
Table Storage (3 topics)
- Design applications that need structured tabular data.
- Create and use tables in Windows Azure.
- Design entities that are stored in table storage.
Worker Roles (4 topics)
- Build backend processors in Windows Azure.
- Design and build complete end-to-end applications for Windows Azure.
- Better use queue and table storage.
- Create role to role communications in Windows Azure.
SQL Azure (4 topics)
- Make design decisions between table storage and SQL Azure.
- Determine the cost of storing data in Windows Azure.
- Setup SQL Azure databases through the Developer Portal.
- Migrate data from on-premise SQL Server databases to SQL Azure.
Diagnostics and Logging (3 topics)
- Design and build logging and debugging needs into their applications.
- Use Windows Azure Diagnostic Services to capture log/diagnostic data.
- Transfer data from Windows Azure to specified storage
- Experience with Visual Studio 2008 or better is required.
- Knowledge and experience in a .NET language (C# or VB) is required.
- Knowledge of ASP.NET is required.