Implementing and Managing Microsoft Application Virtualization
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This Three-day instructor-led course will enable attendees to gain an understanding Implementing and Managing Microsoft’s Application Virtualization 4.5 and 4.6.
After completing this course, students will walk away with a deep understanding of the Application Virtualization environment and be able to install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot the infrastructure components.
Please note. This course runs as part of the full 5 day M50235. The order of the delivery of the modules has been changed to accommodate this.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Optimizing Windows Desktop Management in the Enterprise (2 topics)
- Desktop Management in the Enterprise
- Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack Overview
Microsoft Application Virtualization Management System: Introduction and Architecture (3 topics)
- Application Management Lifecycle
- Benefits of Application Virtualization
- Requirements and Interaction of App-V Components
Microsoft Application Virtualization Management System: Planning and Deployment (3 topics)
- Planning the Supporting Infrastructure
- Planning Deployment Scenarios
- Overview of the Server Installation Process
Planning and Installing the Microsoft Application Virtualization Client (3 topics)
- Planning the Application Virtualization Client Deployment
- Installing and Configuring the App-V Client
- Managing Client Configuration Features
Administering the Application Virtualization Management Server (3 topics)
- Overview of the Application Virtualization Management Console
- Publishing Applications into the Application Virtualization Environment
- Modifying Published Applications and Configuring Version Upgrades
Advanced Application Virtualization Administration Tasks (4 topics)
- Creating and Configuring Provider Policies
- Enforcing License Compliance
- Managing Server Groups and Server Objects
Planning and Deploying the Application Virtualization Sequencer (4 topics)
- Overview of the Application Virtualization Sequencer
- Planning the Sequencer Environment
- Installing and Configuring the Application Virtualization Sequencer
- Sequencing Applications for Virtualization
Advanced Sequencing (6 topics)
- Upgrading Existing Packages
- Advanced Package Options
- Hard-coded Applications
- Sequencing a Web-based Application
- Standalone Packages
- OSD File Scripting
Microsoft Application Virtualization and System Center Configuration Manager Integration (6 topics)
- Overview of Application Deployment with System Center Configuration Manager 2007
- Delivery Methods Available to Configuration Manager Clients
- Preparing the Configuration Manager Infrastructure for Application Virtualization
- Creating and Distributing Virtual Application Packages
- Reporting and Troubleshooting
- Active Directory knowledge and concepts including Group Policy.
- Windows Server 2008 knowledge and experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of SQL Server 2005.
- Fundamental knowledge of Windows Terminal Services.
- Fundamental knowledge of System Center Configuration Manager 2007.