M50235: Managing Enterprise Desktops Using the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This five-day instructor-led course will enable attendees to gain an understanding of the tools available in Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) to improve their Change Management process and reduce support across their or their customer’s environment.
After completing this course, students will walk away with a deep understanding of the Application Virtualization environment and be able to install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot the components. Students will also be able to install and utilize the MDOP components and understand their position in the desktop management process.
The primary audience is IT Professionals focusing on desktop configuration, which could include Network Administrators, SMS Administrators, Field Consultants, Technical Business Consultants, and any other technical worker that is responsible for the types of tasks that can be automated or improved through the MDOP.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Optimizing Windows Desktop Management in the Enterprise (2 topics)
- Desktop Management in the Enterprise
- Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack Overview
Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization: Introduction and Architecture (3 topics)
- Introduction to MED-V
- MED-V Architecture
- Installation and Configuration
Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization: Management (5 topics)
- Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) Image Management
- Managing MED-V Workspace Policies
- Deploying MED-V Client Images
- Working with a MED-V Workspace
- Maintaining MED-V
Microsoft Application Virtualization Management System: Introduction and Architecture (3 topics)
- Application Management Lifecycle
- Benefits of Application Virtualization
- Requirements and Interaction of App-V Components
Microsoft Application Virtualization Management System: Planning and Deployment (3 topics)
- Planning the Supporting Infrastructure
- Planning Deployment Scenarios
- Overview of the Server Installation Process
Planning and Installing the Microsoft Application Virtualization Client (3 topics)
- Planning the Application Virtualization Client Deployment
- Installing and Configuring the App-V Client
- Managing Client Configuration Features
Administering the Application Virtualization Management Server (3 topics)
- Overview of the Application Virtualization Management Console
- Publishing Applications into the Application Virtualization Environment
- Modifying Published Applications and Configuring Version Upgrades
Advanced Application Virtualization Administration Tasks (4 topics)
- Creating and Configuring Provider Policies
- Enforcing License Compliance
- Managing Server Groups and Server Objects
Planning and Deploying the Application Virtualization Sequencer (4 topics)
- Overview of the Application Virtualization Sequencer
- Planning the Sequencer Environment
- Installing and Configuring the Application Virtualization Sequencer
- Sequencing Applications for Virtualization
Advanced Sequencing (6 topics)
- Upgrading Existing Packages
- Advanced Package Options
- Hard-coded Applications
- Sequencing a Web-based Application
- Standalone Packages
- OSD File Scripting
Microsoft Application Virtualization and System Center Configuration Manager Integration (6 topics)
- Overview of Application Deployment with System Center Configuration Manager 2007
- Delivery Methods Available to Configuration Manager Clients
- Preparing the Configuration Manager Infrastructure for Application Virtualization
- Creating and Distributing Virtual Application Packages
- Reporting and Troubleshooting
Controlling Group Policy Objects Using Advanced Group Policy Management (4 topics)
- Overview of Advanced Group Policy Management
- Configuring Advanced Group Policy Management
- Introduction to Controlling Group Policy Objects
- Managing Group Policy Using AGPM
Monitoring Desktops Using Microsoft Desktop Error Monitoring (2 topics)
- Overview of Microsoft Desktop Error Monitoring
- Installing and Configuring Desktop Error Monitoring
Managing Software Inventory Using the Asset Inventory Service (4 topics)
- Asset Inventory Service (AIS) Overview
- Deploying AIS Clients
- Managing Computers Reporting to AIS
- Managing Software Inventory
Repairing and Diagnosing Computer Systems Using the Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (6 topics)
- Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset Overview
- Differences Between DaRT 5 and DaRT 6
- Recovery Tools Overview
- Administrative Tools Category Overview
- Networking Tools Category Overview
- Systems Tools Category Overview
- Active Directory knowledge and concepts including Group Policy.
- Windows Server 2008 knowledge and experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of SQL Server 2005.
- Fundamental knowledge of Windows Terminal Services.
- Fundamental knowledge of System Center Configuration Manager 2007.
- Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Operations Manager.
- Experience managing Windows desktops in an Enterprise environment.