Intermediate Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4 for Small and Medium Businesses
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Dynamics Training Courses.
Understanding Microsoft Dynamics CRM Software (3 topics)
- Identify the different types of server options and end-user clients available for deploying and accessing Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Access Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Identify how to personalise Microsoft Dynamics CRM to meet specific interface needs.
The Customer-Centred View (8 topics)
- Support a successful deployment by defining the organisation's processes.
- Understand Microsoft Dynamics CRM core concepts, including customer records.
- Identify the types of relationships that can be established between different kinds of records.
- Understand record ownership concepts.
- Create activities to track customer interactions.
- Use workflows to carry out routine tasks.
- Use Duplicate Detection to ensure data integrity.
- Create a subject tree to organise data effectively.
Customising Forms and Views (7 topics)
- Identify the features of the form customisation tool.
- Examine how to organise data on a form by organising the data in tabs.
- Examine how to organise data within tabs by using sections and how to add and maintain fields on a form.
- Examine how to test the appearance and behaviour of a customised form prior to saving the customisations.
- Examine how to customise an entity's Preview form.
- Identify the types of views that can be customised.
- Identify the different ways in which a view can be customised.
Reporting and Reports Wizard (4 topics)
- Export using the Export to Microsoft Excel feature.
- Quickly generate custom reports using the Report Wizard
- Create static and dynamic reports in Excel
- Create new CRM reports with the Wizard
Customisation (3 topics)
- Review the new types of entity relationships.
- Identify the changes to the Customisation Import/Export functionality.
- Examine the changes to Views so that all pertinent information is displayed.
Workflow (6 topics)
- Create, run and monitor workflows
- Supported record types
- Event model enhancements
- Extending workflows programmatically
- Describe the web-based user interface for workflows.
- Examine the expanded support for record types.
Creating a Knowledge Base (4 topics)
- Create Knowledge Base article templates.
- Create and submit Knowledge Base articles.
- Approve, reject and publish Knowledge Base articles.
- Find information in the Knowledge Base.
Maintaining Users and Resources (6 topics)
- Set up a schedule for a user, facility or equipment.
- Create, and add users, facility, or equipment to a resource group.
- View schedules for resources.
- Remove resources from the scheduled services.
- Create, edit or add members to a site.
- Set or edit business closures.
Before attending this course, students must have the following pre-requisites:
- A general knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- An understanding of Customer Relationship Management solution processes and practices.