M80294: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Customization and Configuration
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course describes the techniques required to customize Microsoft Dynamics CRM to meet the specialized needs of businesses. The topics covered include Security; creation and configuration of entities; design of forms views and charts; auditing and Solutions. The course describes each topic and how each topic relates to the other topics to produce a full configured, effective solution.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Design and implement strategies for the creation of Business Units and Security Roles.
- Create and configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM Users and Teams.
- Describe the principles of customizing the system.
- Create and configure fields for both custom and system entities.
- Create and configure custom entities, including standard and activity entities.
- Design, create and configure relationships between entities.
- Create and configure Views, Charts and Forms for both system and custom entities.
- Implement Field Security in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Configure and monitor audition on Microsoft Dynamics CRM components.
- Design, create and configure Solutions in Microsoft Dynamics CRM; implementing both managed and unmanaged solutions.
This course is intended for both novice and experienced customizers of Microsoft Dynamics CRM who are familiar with the end-user principles of the software. No programming skills are required, but a basic understanding of database principles will be an advantage.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Business Units and Security Roles (5 topics)
- Business Units
- Managing Business Units
- Security Features
- Lab: Maintaining Business Units
- Lab: Copying and Creating Roles
Configuring Users and Teams (5 topics)
- User Management Overview
- Adding and Maintaining User Accounts
- Team Configuration
- Lab: Managing User Accounts
- Lab: Managing Teams
Customizing Microsoft Dynamics CRM Overview (5 topics)
- Customization Methodology
- Who can Customize Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
- Types of Customizations
- Types of Customizations - Solutions
- Lab: Creating a Solution
Customizing Fields (7 topics)
- Customization Concepts
- Field Data Types
- Field Properties
- Creating Fields
- Creating Option Sets
- Lab: Creating a Custom Field
- Lab: Creating and Using a Separate Option Set
Customizing Entities (4 topics)
- Entity Concepts
- Modifying Custom Entities
- Lab: Creating Custom Entities
- Lab: Modifying Entities
Customizing Relationships and Mappings (5 topics)
- Types of Entity Relationships
- Creating Entity Relationships
- Entity Mapping
- Lab: Create a Manual N:N Relationship
- Lab: Create a Mapping
Customizing Forms, Views and Charts (9 topics)
- Basic UI Customization Capabilities
- View Customization Overview
- Form Customization Overview
- Other Form Objects
- Creating New Forms
- Lab: View Customization
- Lab: Creating Charts
- Lab: Forms Design
Configuring Field Security (4 topics)
- Field Security Scope
- Field Security and Other Security Methods
- Lab: Creating and Testing a Field Security Profile
- Lab: Modify Field Security
Configuring Auditing (4 topics)
- Enabling Auditing
- Viewing Audit Data
- Managing Audit Partitions
- Lab: Configure Auditing
Configuring Solutions (5 topics)
- Solutions Review
- Exporting and Importing Unmanaged Solutions
- Exporting and Importing Managed Solutions
- Lab: Unmanaged Solutions
- Lab: Exporting and Importing Managed Solutions
A working knowledge of how to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. It is recommended, but not required, that individuals have completed Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 applications training. Because this training material focuses on customizing database entities, attributes, relationships, and mappings, it is recommended that individuals have a basic understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and relational database functionality.