Microsoft Dynamics 365 Service Management
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
All of the courses, including this one which makes up part of the five-day, 'Fast Track' suite of courses share the same, rolling scenario.
This course, in common with its companion courses, uses structured Walkthroughs throughout each module to put into practice what has just been introduced by the trainer. There's also a Lab at the end of each module with 'high-level' requirements as well as detailed, step-by-step instructions.
A number of the modules in the Fast Track set of courses incorporate a 'Stretch Yourself' lab for more advanced delegates or for those who simply work at a faster rate than other delegates.
After each module's lab(s), a set of questions are posed to test delegates' understanding of the material introduced in the module.
On completion, delegates will learn how to:
Establish Service Management within their organisations on a firm foundation of:
- Cases, recording Customer issues, requests and problems.
- Service Level Agreements, specifying a minimum, guaranteed standard of Service.
- Entitlements, defining the contractual agreement to provide service.
Delegates will also make use of a Subject Tree for classification purposes, and the Knowledge Base to provide Service Personnel with supporting information to help with Case Resolution.
Analytics will be supported by a specific module covering Reports, Charts and Goal Management.
In the final module, Delegates will learn how to implement a Service, assembling Resources, checking Capacity and timetabling Service Provision.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required. The additional screen must have a minimum screen size of 19 inch and minimum resolution of 1280x1024, with the vertical resolution (1024) being the most critical.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Service Management (5 topics)
- Define Service Management.
- Look for patterns consistent with good and bad service.
- Examine a current Service Management strategy.
- Understand the fundamental record types used in Service Management.
- Lab: Create a Subject Tree for Classification.
Case Management (6 topics)
- Creating a new Service Account.
- Quick-create a new Case.
- Convert Activities to Cases.
- Managing Cases using Parent/Child relationships.
- Attaching a Knowledge Base Article to a Case.
- Lab One: Merging Cases.
Building a Knowledge Base (4 topics)
- Understand the need for and the constituent parts of the Knowledge Base.
- Examine the set of available Knowledge Base Templates.
- Create a new Knowledge Base Template.
- Lab: Create and Extend a new Knowledge Base Article.
Service Level Agreements and Entitlements (6 topics)
- Create and Test an Enhanced SLA.
- Establish KPIs to measure Compliance with the terms of an SLA.
- Define the Success, Warning and Failure outcomes associated with Compliance/Non-Compliance.
- Define Entitlements to deliver a guaranteed level of support through specific Channels.
- Lab One: Creating the 'Resolve By' KPI.
- Lab Two: Create a 'restrictive' Entitlement specifying products covered, etc.
Reports, Charts and Goals (9 topics)
- Note the range of pre-defined Service Management reports.
- Create a Custom Report using the Report Wizard.
- To use PowerShell to modify Crm Dashboards.
- Configuring Goal Metrics.
- Establish Individual, Team and Organisation Goals.
- Lab One: Create a Report to track Cases approaching Non-Compliance.
- Lab Two: Charting SLAs by Status.
- Lab Three: Creating/Modifying a Service Dashboard.
- Lab Four: Creating Parent/Child Goals.
Service Scheduling (6 topics)
- To understand the benefits of Service Scheduling.
- To create an appointment-based Service that can be scheduled on the Service Calendar.
- To incorporate Customers' preferences for service-providers, etc.
- To define a complex Selection Rule using Resource Groups.
- Lab One: Create a Team-Based Service - Component Testing.
- Lab Two: Incorporate Customer Preferences in the scheduling of a Service.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Please note: Before attending this class delegates must have a Microsoft account (signing up one is free). The instructions on how to set up a Microsoft account can be found here.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.