M80289: What's New in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011?
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This one-day instructor-led course, What’s New in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, provides students with the tools and information to help them better understand and identify the new and enhanced features of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 improves user experience.
- Identify how Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 provides more personalization for users.
- Assess how Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 increases collaboration and opportunity for business intelligence and analysis.
- Describe basic customization and extension capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
- List the latest improvements to the installation process, hardware and software requirements, administration features, and additional configuration options in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
This course is intended for customers and partners, who want to learn the basic new features and functionality in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. Training is recommended for anyone who plans to use, implement, maintain, customize, or support Microsoft Dynamics 2011. This course is also recommended for people who have a background in the use of previous versions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction (6 topics)
- User Productivity - Features and Benefits
- Collaboration - Features and Benefits
- Analysis and Visualizations - Features and Benefits
- Connections, Recurring Activities, and Goal Management - Features and Benefits
- Customization and Extensibility - Features and Benefits
- Administration and Configuration - Features and Benefits
Improvements to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Application Modules and Productivity (17 topics)
- Productivity Features
- Personalization and Dashboards
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client for Microsoft Outlook
- Data Import
- Team Ownership
- Goal Management
- Dynamics Marketing Lists
- Recurring Activities
- Create a personal dashboard
- Create a new goal for a CRM user
- Create rollup queries
- Define goal metrics
- Map data from a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet
- Create data map
- Automatically create a custom entity and attributes tied to the imported data
Customizing and Extending Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 (18 topics)
- Overview of Customization Environment
- Entity and Form Customizations
- Chart and View Customizations
- Microsoft Office SharePoint server Configuration
- Custom Activities
- Web Resources
- Connection Roles
- Processes: Workflows and Dialogs
- Customization Management
- Integrations: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server and Windows Azure Platform
- Create a custom entity
- Create custom attributes
- Modify a form
- Create a custom activity entity
- Create a custom dialog process
- Install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM List component
- Configure the integration with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
Administration, Configuration, and Installation (10 topics)
- Editions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- Hardware and Software Specifications
- Server Roles
- Installation Components
- Upgrade Considerations
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions
- Deployment Manager
- Organization Settings
Configuration and Settings (10 topics)
- Business Units
- User Management
- Data Management
- Document Management
- Audit Management
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client for Microsoft Outlook Settings and Administration
- Role Based Forms
- Field-Level Security
- Create a new attribute that is enabled to use field level security
- Create a field level security profile
Before attending this course, students must have a general knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.