The Value of the User Interface & EPG
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
A course that examines the design, operation and commercialisation of screen interfaces, menus and EPGs in the fast changing IPTV landscape. This session includes analysis of:
- The arrival of new content, data and functionality onto TV via IPTV interfaces.
- Personalisation, log-in, addressability and targeting in on-screen interfaces.
- Regulation and control of on-screen presentation.
- The integration of interfaces and functionality across devices.
- New marketing, advertising and commercialisation models for EPGS and interfaces.
This course is intended for technical, commercial and marketing teams and builds on the IPTV Landscape Overview. It will provide participants with a deeper understanding of the way consumers will find and interact with content in the emerging IPTV landscape and illuminate how new technical solutions will enable new commercial opportunities.
The arrival of new content, data and functionality onto TV via IPTV interfaces (6 topics)
- Overview of major 'functionality' developments on TV
- PVR vs VOD in presentation terms
- Integrating web and apps into TV interfaces
- The arrival of rich meta data into TV
- Search, discovery and recommendations
- New consumer journeys in converged world
Personalisation, log-in, addressability and targeting in on-screen interfaces (4 topics)
- TV as a personal vs shared medium - the functional possibilities
- Case studies of log-in and personalisation examples in existing TV systems
- How new devices bring new possibilities
- Personalisation models of the major TV platforms
Regulation and control of on-screen presentation (2 topics)
- Existing regulation of TV interfaces
- New regulatory challenges from data, targeting and advertising
The integration of interfaces and functionality across devices (3 topics)
- The arrival of 3 screen device strategies in IPTV
- The migration of functionality and information to the most relevant device
- Smart phones, tablets and remote control strategy
New marketing, advertising and commercialization models for EPGS and interfaces (2 topics)
- Device support for 2 and 3 screen content strategies
- Device strategies around search and discovery
Emerging TV Landscape or equivalent knowledge.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
The Emerging TV Landscape
This 1-day course provides a non-technical overview of how IPTV is impacting the current TV, video and digital media markets.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.