Monetizing IPTV: Commercial Models In A Connected World
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course examines the impact of IPTV, convergence and data on advertising and marketing models on TV. The course provides:
- A framework for understanding where and when advertising innovation can happen on emerging TV.
- An examination of the implications of data, targeting and addressability on IPTV platforms.
- An audit of emerging advertising trials to date in UK, US and Europe.
- A review of the implications for brands and agencies of new innovations.
Targeted at marketing and commercial staff, this course is intended to build on the Landscape Overview and provide participants with clear explanations of the dramatic changes taking place in TV advertising and marketing models, driven by the onset of IPTV.
Where Advertising Innovation Happens (5 topics)
- Formats and functionality - an audit of the advertising innovation landscape
- EPG advertising and sponsorship
- Broadcast interactivity and addressability
- VOD and PVR advertising
- Branded Apps on STBs, screens and TV devices
Data, Targeting and Addressability (5 topics)
- From 'sampling' to STB data - an overview of current measurement models
- Existing models for 'targeting' in TV
- New forms of data and data convergence in TV
- Combined data sources - retail and advertising data in the mix
- Suppliers and users of TV data, measurement and targeting
Audit of Advertising Trials (5 topics)
- Huntsville Alabama VOD trial
- Sky AdSmart trial (UK)
- Rovi EPG Advertising (US)
- AdTV / Fastweb Trial (Italy)
- Virgin VOD targeting (UK)
The Implications For Brands & Agencies (3 topics)
- How TV advertising is currently bought
- Agency convergence and the new skills required
- Towards a new agency
Data, measurement and valuation models (3 topics)
- Existing TV metrics for programming and advertising
- New combined metrics for TV consumption - the BBCs 7+ model
- From 'sample' to 'census - combining BARB with STB data
Emerging TV Landscape or equivalent knowledge
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
The Emerging TV Landscape
This 1-day course provides a non-technical overview of how IPTV is impacting the current TV, video and digital media markets.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
and Virtual Classroom