Power Systems for AIX: Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course provides an overview of the PowerVM edition's features on POWER6 processor-based systems. It explains the new features and benefits of virtualization and discusses: the processor virtualization, the Integrated Virtual Ethernet, the virtual I/O server, and the virtual devices such as the virtual Ethernet and virtual SCSI adapters. Basic and advanced configurations of the virtual I/O server and its clients are discussed including various availability options.
This course is appropriate for System Administrators, Technical Support Personnel, and Business Partners responsible for implementing LPARs on IBM System p servers.
- Discuss the advantages or value of PowerVM editions features.
- Define Micro-Partitioning and Shared Processor LPARs.
- Discuss the benefits of simultaneous multi-threading.
- Discuss and configure the Integrated virtual Ethernet (IVE).
- Install and configure the Virtual I/O Server.
- Configure virtual devices, such as Virtual Ethernet, Shared Ethernet, and Virtual SCSI Disks.
- Define file-backed storage pools and file-backed virtual optical devices.
- Identify single points of failure in virtualized environments.
- Configuring multiple VIO servers for high availability.
- Configure the shared Ethernet adapter failover feature.
- Configure MPIO in a VIO server's client partition.
- Configure Advanced virtual networking options.
- Configure Advanced virtual SCSI options.
- Managing the Service events, configure Call home.
- Adding/ exchanging FRU's, FSP failover.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (10 topics)
- Introduction to partitioning
- Processor virtualization
- Integrated Virtual Ethernet
- Virtual Ethernet
- Virtual I/O Server and virtual devices
- Virtual network configuration with dual VIOS
- Virtual SCSI configurations with dual VIOS
- N_Port_ID virtualization
- Migration from physical to virtual storage
- HMC Service Management PowerVM advanced systems maintenance
- AIX 6 System Administration I: Implementation (AU14)
- AIX 6 System Administration II: Problem Determination (AU16)
- AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals (AW18)
- or students may have equivalent AIX and LPAR skills.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
AIX System Administration - Part I
A 5-day Training Course on AIX System Administration - Part I; course gives practical experience of how to administer a live AIX system.
AIX System Administration - Part II
A 5-day Training Course on AIX System Administration - Part II; Perform advanced administration tasks, perform basic troubleshooting and improve security.
TCPIP for AIX Administrators
5-day AIX TCP/IP Course - Learn TCP/IP configuration and administration skills required to support common network services on AIX 6.
Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning
Learn the skills for IBM's System p POWER6-based systems with the Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning 5-day training course.