Power Systems for AIX: Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization
This course has been retired. Please view currently available AIX Training Courses.
Course Topics (10 topics)
- Introduction to partitioning
- Processor virtualization
- Integrated Virtual Ethernet
- Virtual Ethernet
- Virtual I/O Server and virtual devices
- Virtual network configuration with dual VIOS
- Virtual SCSI configurations with dual VIOS
- N_Port_ID virtualization
- Migration from physical to virtual storage
- HMC Service Management PowerVM advanced systems maintenance
Students must have advanced system administration experience with AIX V5.3 or AIX 6. This prerequisite may be met by attending one of the following courses:
- AIX 6 System Administration I: Implementation (AU14)
- AIX 6 System Administration II: Problem Determination (AU16)
- AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals (AW18)
- or students may have equivalent AIX and LPAR skills.
General TCP/IP knowledge is strongly recommended. This prerequisite may be met by attending AIX Configuring TCP/IP (AU07). Students are also expected to have logical partition administration skills on POWER processor-based systems, which can be obtained by attending the following course: Power Virtualization I: LPAR Planning and Configuration (AN11).
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
AIX System Administration - Part I
A 5-day Training Course on AIX System Administration - Part I; course gives practical experience of how to administer a live AIX system.
AIX System Administration - Part II
A 5-day Training Course on AIX System Administration - Part II; Perform advanced administration tasks, perform basic troubleshooting and improve security.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online