Manage Conflict and Difficult Situations
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course will look at the cause of conflict and where people's motivational factors can create barriers to successful outcomes. Determining helpful and healthy resolution strategies when in difficult circumstances will ensure that you will contribute to a positive outcome and enhance people's perception of you as a person in control.
Being in a situation where conflict of a personal or business nature arises can be an uncomfortable experience for most. Having the knowledge and tools to feel able to control yourself and the situation can reduce stress and improve outcomes.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand why people are motivated to do the things they do
- Learn what motivates you and others
- See how you may be perceived by others with differing motivations
- Identify the key causes of conflict – conflict triggers
- Explore ways to build trust and respect with colleagues
- Develop strategies to deal with conflict
- Use a recommended framework for structured difficult conversations
Anyone who has to deal with or is involved with conflict and wants to identify possible resolution strategies will benefit from this course.
Course Topics (8 topics)
- Personal objectives for the course
- Understanding behaviour using the SDI tool (Strength Deployment Inventory)
- Stages of conflict
- Strategies for minimising or reducing conflict
- Approaches to conflict
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Tackling difficult situations and conversations
- Completion of a personal action plan.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.