Introduction to Leadership
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Do you need to lead a team?
Do you want to be able to achieve your targets and objectives?
Do you want to develop the people in your team to achieve their best performance?
Team leading skills are an essential part of today’s management portfolio. If you want to achieve your targets and key objectives, the likelihood is that you will have to lead a group of individuals in a task. Your challenge is to create a team that will reach its full potential.
This course will help you achieve greater results through developing high performance teams.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define the roles of leader and manager
- Identify your preference in action-centred leadership
- Recognise how company values impact individuals
- Recognise how teams evolve and assess your team’s evolutionary position
- Develop more effective influencing styles
- Describe how people may be motivated by different factors in the workplace
- Manage conflict constructively
- Understand delegation as a key leadership asset
- Review the advantages and risks of giving and receiving feedback.
You will benefit from this course if you are new to the role of leading a team or want to develop your existing skills in this area.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (19 topics)
- Personal objectives for the course.
- The role of a manager and leader?
- Characteristics of greatest leaders of all time.
- Basic principles of management.
- Completion and analysis of a personal leadership skills profile.
- Applying action centred leadership.
- Establishing team values.
- Characteristics of an effective team.
- Promoting positive team member behaviours.
- The four stage model of team development.
- The theory and application of situational leadership.
- The importance of goal setting.
- Causes of motivation and de-motivation in the workplace
- Building motivation in your team.
- The delegation process.
- Giving and receiving feedback.
- Conflict handling - completion and analysis of your personal conflict handling modes profile.
- Participation in and analysis of, experiential learning activities.
- Completion of a personal action plan.