M10165: Updating Your Skills from Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
There are two main reasons for the course. Firstly, this course supports the large numbers of customers still running Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2007 in upgrading their skills and environments to Exchange 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and to help drive that adoption. Secondly, this course fills in a skills gap that currently exists in the portfolio and, while the content is not driven by the exam ODs, provide further support for the exams.
Upgrading skills to Exchange Server 2010 support within the Exchange Portfolio: The primary reason for the course development is to provide a single course to allow IT professionals who are currently experienced in and are running Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2007 environments, a fast-track method to upgrade their skills and to enable them to upgrade to Exchange 2010 SP1 and help drive that technology adoption, without having to take the other two Exchange 2010 courses and 10 days of training.
To fill a skills gap and provide further support for Exchange Server 2010 exams: The course will provide an accelerated skills-upgrade path and also provide additional support for the two Exchange Server 2010 exams.This course is not a direct mapping to the exams; however, it is intended as an additional support for elements within these exams.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the new Exchange Server 2010 features as compared to Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2007.
- Install and deploy Exchange Server 2010 in an Exchange Server organization.
- Configure Mailbox servers and Mailbox server components.
- Manage recipient objects, including migrating recipients from previous versions of Exchange Server to Exchange Server 2010.
- Migrate client access services from previous versions of Exchange Server, and configure the Client Access server role in Exchange Server 2010.
- Migrate message transport from previous versions of Exchange Server, and configure message transport in Exchange Server 2010.
- Configure the secure flow of messages between the Exchange Server organization and the internet.
- Implement a high availability solution for Mailbox servers and other server roles in Exchange Server.
- Plan and implement a disaster recovery solution for Exchange Server 2010 servers.
- Plan and configure messaging compliance.
- Migrate Exchange Server permissions to Exchange Server 2010, and configure Exchange Server security.
- Monitor and maintain the messaging system.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introducing Exchange Server 2010 (4 topics)
- New Exchange Server 2010 Features for Exchange Server 2003 Administrators
- New Exchange Server 2010 Features for Exchange Server 2007 Administrators
- Upgrading to Exchange Server 2010
- Lab: Planning Hardware Requirements for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 (4 topics)
- Installing Exchange Server 2010
- Verifying the Exchange Server 2010 Installation
- Lab: Installing Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Lab: Verifying the Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Installation
Configuring Mailbox Servers (4 topics)
- Upgrading the Mailbox Server Role
- Configuring Mailbox Server Roles
- Configuring Public Folders and Public Folder Databases
- Lab: Configuring Mailbox Servers
Managing Recipient Objects (5 topics)
- Managing Mailboxes
- Managing Other Recipients
- Configuring Email Address Policies and Address Lists
- Performing Bulk Recipient Management Tasks
- Lab: Managing Recipient Objects
Managing Client Access (7 topics)
- Migrating the Client Access Server Role
- Configuring the Client Access Server Role
- Configuring Client Access Services for Outlook Clients
- Configuring Outlook Web App
- Configuring Mobile Messaging
- Lab: Migrating and Configuring Client Access Servers
- Lab: Configuring Client Access
Managing Message Transport (3 topics)
- Overview of Message Transport
- Configuring Message Transport
- Lab: Migrating and Managing Message Transport
Implementing Messaging Security (6 topics)
- Deploying Edge Transport Servers
- Deploying an Antivirus Solution
- Configuring an Anti-Spam Solution
- Configuring Secure SMTP Messaging
- Lab: Configuring Edge Transport Servers and Microsoft Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server
- Lab: Configuring Anti-Spam Filtering
Implementing High Availability (4 topics)
- Configuring Highly Available Mailbox Databases
- Deploying Highly Available Non-Mailbox Servers
- Deploying High Availability with Site Resilience
- Lab: Implementing High Availability
Implementing Backup and Recovery (4 topics)
- Planning Backup and Recovery
- Backing Up Exchange Server 2010
- Restoring Exchange Server 2010
- Lab: Implementing Backup and Recovery
Configuring Messaging Policy and Compliance (7 topics)
- Introducing Messaging Policy and Compliance
- Configuring Transport Rules
- Configuring Journaling and Multi-Mailbox Search
- Configuring Archive Mailboxes
- Configuring Retention and Archive Policies
- Lab: Configuring Transport Rules, Journal Rules, and Multi-Mailbox Search
- Lab: Configuring Archive Mailboxes and Retention Policies
Securing Exchange Server 2010 (4 topics)
- Configuring Role-Based Access Control
- Configuring Audit Logging
- Configuring Secure Internet Access
- Lab: Securing Exchange Server 2010
Monitoring and Troubleshooting Exchange Server 2010 (3 topics)
- Monitoring Exchange Server 2010
- Troubleshooting Exchange Server 2010
- Lab: Maintaining Exchange Server 2010
Upgrading from Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010 (2 topics)
- Upgrading from Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
- Lab: Upgrading from Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
Delegates must have: - An MCSE in the Windows Server 2003 operating system or TS qualification in Exchange Server 2007. - Windows Server 2008 Technology Specialist Skills - At least two years administering Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007