Developing Node.js Web Applications
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course explains the concepts of event loop structure of Node.js applications and goes on to explain the appropriate time to use features such as callbacks, streams and buffers. It takes a hands-on approach to developing Node.js applications and includes details on error handling, database access and frameworks.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Install Node.js, NPM and Express
- Understand Node.js event-based programming
- Create a web server and build web applications on it
- Create and use modules
- Build a web application using events, callbacks, buffers and streams
- Improve an application with robust error handling
- Add templates with Express.js
- Use Node.js to connect to a database
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introducing Node.js (4 topics)
- What is Node.js?
- Node.js in Context
- Event Driven Architecture
Getting Started (4 topics)
- Installing Node.js
- Using NPM
- Understanding Modules
- Writing to the Console
The Event Model (5 topics)
- Node.js Events
- Avoiding Blocking I/O
- Event Emitters
- The Event Queue
- Event Timers
Callbacks (4 topics)
- Callback Functionality
- Passing Parameters
- Handling Closure
- Implementing Chaining
Error Handling (4 topics)
- Catching Exceptions
- Propagation of Errors
- Types of Errors
- Error Handling Classes
Managing Data (5 topics)
- JSON and Node.js
- Using Buffers
- Streaming Data
- Readable and Writable Streams
- Duplex and Transform Streams
The Express Framework (5 topics)
- Introducing Express
- Installing Express
- Configuring Routes
- Serving Pages
- The Template Engine
Database Integration (4 topics)
- Accessing the File System
- Connecting to SQL Databases
- Connecting to MongoDB
- Transaction Handling
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
HTML & CSS
This 2-day course provides the skills required to construct and style a simple responsive web site using HTML and CSS.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.