Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Microsoft Visio allows users to create, design and manage visually engaging diagrams, maps, and drawings. This two-day course takes users from the fundamental skills up to advanced techniques.
This course is suitable for users of Microsoft Visio 2010, 2013, 2016 or 2019 Standard or Professional editions. If you're attending at a QA location, the course will be delivered on Microsoft Visio 2013 Professional.
- Navigate drawings in Microsoft Visio
- Customise the Visio environment
- Work with templates
- Create and modify shapes
- Create organisation charts ad flowcharts
- Enhance diagrams through formatting
- Work with other applications to import and export data
- Customise shapes and stencils
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Getting Started with Visio (3 topics)
- Exploring the Visio Interface
- Customising the Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar
- Using Backstage Commands
Shape and Drawing Basics (5 topics)
- Template Selection
- Adding Basic Shapes
- Open and Closed Shapes
- Manipulating Shapes
- Connecting Shapes
Building Organisation Charts (4 topics)
- Manually Creating an Organisation Chart
- Creating Organisation Charts with the Wizard
- Breaking the Organisation Chart across Pages
- Modifying the Layout of an Organisation Chart
Creating a Flowchart (4 topics)
- Creating a Basic Flowchart
- 3D Workflow Diagrams
- Cross-Functional Flowchart
Formatting Diagrams (5 topics)
- Shape Formatting
- Applying Themes and a Background
- Creating a Style
- Adding Borders and Titles
- Working with Layers
Working with External Data (3 topics)
- PivotDiagrams (Visio Professional edition only)
- Linking Shapes to External Data (Visio Professional edition only)
- Linking a Drawing to another Application
Custom Stencils and Shapes (5 topics)
- Introduction to Custom Shapes
- Creating a Custom Shape
- Creating a Custom Stencil
- Creating a Custom Template
- Working with the ShapeSheet
- An appreciation of drawing applications and design concepts
- Familiarity with mouse and keyboard
- Navigate through Windows files and folders
- Work with Windows - minimise, maximise, open and close
Please Note: If you attend a course and do not meet the prerequisites you may be asked to leave.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.