Project 2010 Level 2
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
You have already learnt how to create and edit basic plans in Microsoft Project 2010. You will now see how to manage cost effectively and track the progress of plans in Project. You will exchange project plan data with other applications, customise elements, automate activities in Project with macros and reuse project plan information.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Manage project costs
- Consolidate and reuse project plan information
- Exchange project plan data with other applications
- Update a project plan
- Customise Project to meet specific requirements
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who has the basic skills to create and modify project plans using Microsoft Project 2010, and who needs to use Microsoft Project 2010 to manage and customise those plans through the implementation stage of a project.
Manage Costs in Microsoft Project (4 topics)
- Topic A - Assign Different Cost Rates to Resources
- Topic B - Change the Resource Cost on Individual Tasks
- Topic C - Alter Costs Based on Time Periods
- Topic D - Assign Overtime Costs and Work to Resources
Work with Multiple Projects (8 topics)
- Topic A - Use and Manage Workspaces
- Topic B - Create a Programme Plan
- Topic C - Consolidated Project Plans
- Topic D - Create Interdependencies between Projects
- Topic E - Identify the Critical Path or Paths in a Programme
- Topic F - Create a Shared Resource Pool
- Topic G - Assign Resources using a Resource Pool
- Topic H - Use Cost Rate Tables with a Resource Pool
What If Analysis (3 topics)
- Topic A - Earned Value
- Topic B - View Multiple Baselines in a Single Project
- Topic C - Use Interim Plans
Import and Export Project Information (5 topics)
- Topic A - File Formats Supported by Microsoft Project
- Topic B - Map Project Information
- Topic C - Export Microsoft Project Information
- Topic D - Import Information into Microsoft Project
- Topic E - Use Visual Reports in Microsoft Project
Track Progress and Project Actuals (6 topics)
- Topic A - Enter Task Progress as Scheduled
- Topic B - Update a Project Using the Status Date
- Topic C - Reschedule Incomplete Work
- Topic D - Update Task Actuals
- Topic E - Report Against Progress
- Topic F - Move a Project
Customise Microsoft Project (9 topics)
- Topic A - Work with the Timeline Feature
- Topic B - Create Custom Fields
- Topic C - Create Custom Filters
- Topic D - Create Custom Tables
- Topic E - Create Custom Views
- Topic F - Create Custom Reports
- Topic G - Create Templates
- Topic H - Use the Organizer
- Topic I - Macros
- An understanding of project management concepts.
- Knowledge of a Windows operating system, XP Vista or Windows 7.
- Knowledge equivalent to, or attendance on, QA's Microsoft Project 2010 Introduction course.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Project 2010 Level 1
This 2-day Project 2010 Level 1 course provides the skills required to create and modify a project plan using Microsoft Office Project.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Attend From Anywhere
Manchester (Oxford St)