Red Hat System Administration III RHEL6 with RHCE Exam
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
Red Hat System Administration III with RHCE Exam (RH255) is designed for experienced Linux administrators who require networking and security administration skills. With a heavy emphasis on practical hands on labs, this course is tightly aligned with experienced Linux administrators´ job tasks and the skills required for advancement. Focus is placed on enhancing the students' automation skills to securely configure, deploy and manage network services including DNS, Apache, SMTP and network file sharing. In addition, this course emphasizes security including monitoring, packet filtering, access controls and SELinux. At the completion of this course, students already familiar with the RHCT/RHCSA administration skills will have exposure to all competencies tested by the RHCSA and RHCE exams. This class includes the RHCSA and the RHCE exams.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Getting Started with the Classroom Environment (1 topic)
- Objective: Given a virtualized environment, begin to administrate multiple systems using prerequisite skills
Enhance User Security (1 topic)
- Objective: Configure system to use Kerberos to verify credentials and grant privileges via sudo
Bash Scripting and Tools (1 topic)
- Objective: Automate system administration tasks utilizing Bash scripts and text-based tools
File Security with GnuPG (1 topic)
- Objective: Secure files with GnuPG
Software Management (1 topic)
- Objective: Use yum plugins to manage packages and understand the design of packages to build a simple package
Network Monitoring (1 topic)
- Objective: Profile running services then capture and analyze network traffic
Route Network Traffic (1 topic)
- Objective: Configure system to route traffic and customize network parameters with sysctl
Secure Network Traffic (1 topic)
- Objective: Secure network traffic through SSH port forwarding and iptables filtering/network address translation (NAT)
NTP Server Configuration (1 topic)
- Objective: Configure an NTP server
Filesystems and Logs (1 topic)
- Objective: Manage local file system integrity, monitor system over time, and system logging
Centralized and Secure Storage (1 topic)
- Objective: Access centralized storage (iSCSI) and encrypt filesystems
SSL-encapsulated Web Services (1 topic)
- Objective: Understand SSL certificates and deploy an SSL encapsulated web service
Web Server Additional Configuration (1 topic)
- Objective: Configure web server with virtual hosts, dynamic content, and authenticated directories
Basic SMTP Configuration (1 topic)
- Objective: Configure an SMTP server for basic operation (null client, receiving mail, smarthost relay)
Caching-Only DNS Server (1 topic)
- Objective: Understand DNS resource records and configure a caching-only name server
File Sharing with NFS (1 topic)
- Objective: Configure file sharing between hosts with NFS
File Sharing with CIFS (1 topic)
- Objective: Configure file and print sharing between hosts with CIFS
File Sharing with FTP (1 topic)
- Objective: Configure file sharing with anonymous FTP
Troubleshooting Boot Process (1 topic)
- Objective: Understand the boot process and recover unbootable systems with rescue mode
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Red Hat System Administration I
This 5-day course is designed for IT professionals who are new to Linux and require core Red Hat Enterprise Linux Skills.
Red Hat System Administration II RHEL6 with Exam
This 5-day course follows on from System Administration I and furthers delegates' Red Hat Linux Enterprise Linux administration skills to the level required for RHCSA certification.Scheduled Virtual Onsite
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.