RHCSA Rapid Track Course
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The RHCSA Rapid Track course (RH199) is designed for students who already have significant experience with Linux® administration. This course combines Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat System Administration II (RH134), reviewing the tasks at an accelerated pace.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 8.
On completion of course materials, students should be prepared to take the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam.
Note: This course builds on a student's existing understanding of command-line based Linux system administration. Students should be able to execute common commands using the shell, work with common command options, and access man pages for help. Students lacking this knowledge are strongly encouraged to take Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and II (RH134) instead.
- Managing users and groups, files, and file permissions
- Updating software packages with yum
- Managing and troubleshooting systemd services during the boot process
- Network configuration and basic troubleshooting
- Managing local storage and creating and using file systems
- Firewall management with firewalld
- Managing kernel-based virtual machines (KVMs)
- Automating installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux using Kickstart
Students for this class should have 1-3 years of full time Linux administration experience.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Establish Network Connectivity (1 topic)
- Objective: Configure, manage, and test static network settings
Administer Users and Groups (1 topic)
- Objective: Implement password aging and configure an LDAP client
Monitor System Resources (1 topic)
- Objective: Manage CPU, memory, and disk utilization; manage system logs
Manage System Software (1 topic)
- Objective: Install software and query with yum using RHN and a custom repository
Deploy Network Services (1 topic)
- Objective: Deploy VNC, FTP, and web services and require key authentication with SSH
Secure Filesystems and Network Services (1 topic)
- Objective: Restrict file access with ACLs and secure network services with a firewall and SELinux
Manage Physical Storage (1 topic)
- Objective: Manage encrypted partitions, filesystems, and swap space
Manage Logical Volumes (1 topic)
- Objective: Understand Logical Volume concepts and manage Logical Volumes, including snapshots
Control the Boot Process (1 topic)
- Objective: Understand runlevels and manage GRUB
Tune and Maintain the Kernel (1 topic)
- Objective: Pass parameters to the kernel and manage kernel modules
Automate Installation with Kickstart (1 topic)
- Objective: Create kickstart configurations and use them to install Linux
Manage Virtual Machines (1 topic)
- Objective: Deploy and manage KVM virtual machines
Troubleshoot System Problems (1 topic)
- Objective: Apply a systematic approach to diagnosing and correcting system failures
Research Red Hat Resources (1 topic)
- Objective: Access Red Hat documentation and services
Delegates attending this course should have basic experience with the following, with minimal dependence on documentation:
- Linux (some of the course may be review)
- The bash shell, including job control (&, fg, bg, jobs), shell expansion (command, tilde, globbing, brace, protection from expansion), I/O redirection, and pipes
- IPv4 networking addressing and routing concepts, TCP/UDP, and ports
- Navigation of the GNOME 3 interface
- Editing text files from the command line with vim or other available programs
- Finding information in man pages and info nodes
- The concept of file permissions
- Interactive installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Per-user 'at' and 'cron' jobs
- Use of archival utilities such as 'tar', 'zip', and compression utilities
- Absolute and relative paths
- Finding files with 'find' and 'locate'
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.