Installation, Configuration and Management of System Center Data Protection Manager 2016
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This five-day instructor-led course provides delegates with the knowledge and skills to protect and recover data using System Center Data Protection Manager 2016 (DPM).
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Plan a DPM deployment.
- Install and configure DPM and the protection agent.
- Protect basic workloads with DPM
- Protect client workstations with DPM
- Protect enterprise applications Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint Services and virtual machines using DPM.
- Backup and recovery of data with DPM servers.
- Backup and restore system state and bare metal recovery with DPM servers.
- Backup and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Using generic VSS provider backup and restore
- Enable end user recovery tools for the file system and SQL databases
- Protect and Recovery DPM Servers
- Identify and resolve problems with DPM servers, protection agents, and protected data.
This course is intended for backup system administrators. Knowledge of operating systems and backup devices is assumed.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required. The additional screen must have a minimum screen size of 19 inch and minimum resolution of 1280x1024, with the vertical resolution (1024) being the most critical.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introducing Data Protection and Disaster Recovery (1 topic)
- This module discuses disaster recovery basics, describes the System Center Data Protection Manager 2016 architecture, and discusses the planning process required to implement DPM-based disaster recovery and data protection in an enterprise environment.
Installing and Configuring DPM 2016 (2 topics)
- This module discusses system requirements for the DPM 2016 server, provides step-by-step instructions for installing DPM servers and protection agents on enterprise systems, and discusses troubleshooting techniques for resolving issues you may encounter.
- During lab exercises that accompany this module, you will install DPM prerequisite software, install a DPM server, perform initial required configuration tasks, and perform selected tasks to enable optional DPM features and functions.
Enabling Protection of Windows Servers (2 topics)
- This module will look at the initial setup of protection groups and enabling basic backup functions for file services, system state and bare metal recovery. This will enable the understanding to protect operating systems in the event of failure
- During lab exercises that accompany tis module you will create protection groups to complete backups of the file system, system state and bare metal recovery, ready for recovery scenarios.
Extending DPM Protection to Enterprise Applications (2 topics)
- This module explains how to extend data protection to Exchange Servers, SQL Servers, SharePoint and Clustered servers, and Hyper-V Virtual Machines, as well as Generic VSS resources by installing protection agents and configuring protection groups.
- During lab exercises that accompany this module, you will install protection agents on an Exchange Server, a SQL Server, a SharePoint server, create protection groups on the DPM server, and monitor data collection.
Managing Windows Client Backup (2 topics)
- This module will investigate the new features of workstation or client backup with DPM 2016. This will included protection group creation and management. It will also show how the client components work to enable end users to add additional content for backup.
- The lab for this module will show how to enable client back, best practices for managing the backup and how to restore the client data.
Examining Protected Data Backup and Recovery (1 topic)
- This module provides step-by-step instructions to prepare for recovery of DPM servers, recover and restore system states, bare metal backups and protected data for the DPM Server, Exchange Servers, SQL Servers, and Virtual Server Machines.
Managing and Troubleshooting DPM 2016 (2 topics)
- This module provides an overview of techniques for monitoring, reporting and troubleshooting DPM environments to resolve DPM Server and protection agent issues. Topics also introduce how to use the Windows PowerShell-based DPM Management Shell to manage and maintain DPM environments.
- During lab exercises that accompany this module, you will use DPM tools and utilities to perform typical maintenance, monitoring and repair tasks.
Optional Scenario Labs (1 topic)
- This optional lab module enables the delegate to either undertake some of the prebuilt lab exercises, including Virtual Machine recovery, Exchange Server disaster recovery and DPM to DPM protection or to create their own scenario's which are relevant to their environment and test their skills to ensure they have the ability to recovery and the corporate systems
Technical knowledge of operating systems and backup devices. Basic understanding of Microsoft Workloads. Ideally some data protection experience in one or more of the following areas: File Servers, Exchange, SQL Server, Virtual Machines.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.