P3O Foundation and Practitioner Certificate
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O®) is the OGC’s (Office of Government Commerce) guidance for establishing, developing and maintaining appropriate business support structures that will allow improved senior management decision making, better identification and realisation of business outcomes and benefits, and improve the chances of successful project delivery.
P3O is aligned to the current MSP®, PRINCE2®, and M_o_R® guidance and has been developed to enhance the support advice referred to in that guidance.
P3O is not a prescriptive method. It does however provide advice for those organisations that wish to create (or re-energise) effective support structures that can provide a focal point for defining a balanced portfolio of change and ensure a consistent approach to the delivery of programmes and projects.
The P3O Practitioner course comprises five days of trainer led instruction, and practical exercises, with the Foundation examination on day three of the course and culminating in the Practitioner examination on day five. The aim of the course is to provide delegates with a comprehensive and applied understanding of the P3O advice and to prepare delegates for the P3O Foundation and Practitioner Certificate examinations.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Understand how portfolio, programmes and projects relate
- Understand why it is important to provide appropriate support at all these levels
- Identify a ‘best-in-class’ P3O model
- Identify different models for support provision
- Recognise the roles within a P3O
- Apply the main P3O principles
- Identify the tools and techniques that support consistent delivery of functions and services
- Prepare for and take the APMG P3O Foundation and Practitioner examinations
The course fee includes the latest copy of the P3O manual and the examination fee for the Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
The course is intensive and delegates are advised to undertake some revision work in the evenings to prepare for the P3O examinations. To complete day four and five of the course the delegate must reach the required standard in the Foundation exam.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction and Overview (3 topics)
- Portfolio, Programmes and Projects
- High level P3O model
- P3O Roles
Why have a P3O? (4 topics)
- The value of a P3O
- Adding Value
- Extracting Value
- P3O capability and linked benefits
P3O Models (4 topics)
- Different models
- Sizing and Tailoring an appropriate model
- Integrating to P3O in an organisation
- P3O maturity and evolution
P3O Roles (3 topics)
- Skills and competencies
- Staffing a P3O office
- Management, generic, and functional roles
Tools and Techniques (5 topics)
- Collaborative and integrated tools
- Tools and techniques - key benefits
- Management dashboards
- Facilitated workshops
- Business process 'swimlanes'
P3O Implementation (3 topics)
- Definition Stage and its key activities
- The Blueprint
- P3O information flows
* Delegates need to have worked in a project/programme environment and understand the basic principles relating to Programme and Project Management. * A basic understanding of MSP (Managing Successful Programmes) or a Foundation qualification in MSP would be a benefit for this course * Delegates must have followed the pre-work guidance prior to attending the course. * Required Pre-reading guide
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Virtual Classroom (Attend From Anywhere)
Virtual Classroom (London)
Virtual Classroom (Manchester (Oxford St))
Virtual Classroom (Virtual On-Line)