M80003: Workflow in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This one-day instructor-led course describes how to create, run, and monitor workflows to automate business processes. The course emphasizes out-of-box workflow functionality. This course covers basic concepts, creating a basic workflow, the design process, updating triggers, conditional branching advanced and multi-stage workflows, monitoring workflows and workflow security.
The course also focuses on using workflows in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 to automate the sales process, lead promotion and probable revenue. Extending and upgrading workflows and data migration and workflows are not covered in detail in this course, but are introduced to provide students with insight into potential advanced workflow topics.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Describe the primary benefits and scenarios for using workflow in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.=
- Describe how Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 workflows function.
- Design, create, and manage basic workflows.
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for Microsoft Dynamics CRM System Administrators and Customizers, as well as business managers who want to find out how to automate business processes.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Basic Workflows (5 topics)
- Introducing Workflows
- Workflow Types and Triggers
- Actions, Conditions, and Dynamic Values
- Three Basic Workflows
- Lab: Create an On-Demand Workflow
Design Process (4 topics)
- Design Considerations
- Business Process Analysis
- Lab: Identify and Chart Actions and Conditions Identify Actions and Conditions
- Create a Flow Chart
Advanced Workflows (7 topics)
- Update and Delete Triggers
- Conditional Branching
- An Advanced Workflow
- Lab: Create an Audit Trail
- Create a Workflow
- Add a Condition
- Create an Audit Trail with Dynamic Values
Multi-Stage Workflows (8 topics)
- A Set of Sales Process Workflows
- Testing the Sales Process Workflows
- Lab: Case Escalation
- Create a Child Workflow
- Create the Parent Workflow
- Create Stages
- Add Steps
Managing Workflows (8 topics)
- Monitoring Workflows
- Importing and Exporting Workflows
- Workflow Security
- Data Migration and Workflows
- Lab: Export and Import a Workflow
- Export a Workflow
- Delete the Workflow
- Import the Workflow
Additional Topics (3 topics)
- More Scenarios
- Workflows and the Sales Pipeline Report
- Extending Workflows
Before attending this course, students must have experience using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 or 4.0. In addition, it is recommended, but not required, that students have completed course 8913, Applications in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .