M80018: Fixed Assets in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to use the Fixed Assets functions in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009. The course focuses on the various setup requirements for Fixed Assets, transactions, and reports and inquiries.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Set up the Fixed asset system, including Parameters and Number sequences.
- Set up the necessary components for Fixed assets, including but not limited to Value models, Fixed asset groups, Depreciation methods, Depreciation profiles, and Depreciation conventions.
- Create and maintain Fixed asset records.
- Create and update Fixed asset transactions, including acquisitions, depreciation, disposal and adjustment transactions.
- Inquire into and run reports on Fixed asset transactions.
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for individuals on the implementation team, administrating or using the Fixed Assets and Financial management modules in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009. This audience typically includes individuals who are tasked with assessing a customer’s business needs and advising them on the use, configuration and customization of the application. Additionally, individuals responsible for training or supporting Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 benefit from this course.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction (3 topics)
- Fixed Assets Overview
- Functionality That Is Required for Fixed Asset Accounting
- Structure and Integration With Other Modules
Setup Procedures (20 topics)
- System Setup for Fixed Assets
- Fixed Assets Module Setup- Depreciation Profiles, Asset Calendars and Depreciation Books
- Fixed Assets Module Setup- Value Models, Asset Groups, Disposal and Posting Profiles
- Fixed Assets Module Setup- Parameters
- Capitalization Threshold- Fixed Assets
- Parameters - Purchase Orders Field Group
- Reason Codes in Fixed Assets
- Depreciation Methods
- Depreciation Conventions
- Depreciation Books Overview
- Extended Functionality Features - Provision Types and Bonus Depreciation
- Mass Update Depreciation Conventions for a Depreciation Book
- Country and Region Specific Features
- Lab: Set Up Journal Names: This lab provides experience in setting up the Journal names for the journals used by Fixed assets.
- Lab: Set Up Ledger Accounts: This lab provides experience in creating the ledger accounts necessary to create and post fixed asset transactions.
- Lab: Set Up a Number Sequence: In this lab, the number sequences necessary for the Fixed asset module will be set up.
- Lab: Set Up a Depreciation Profile: A Depreciation profile will be set up in a practice environment.
- Lab: Set Up Value Models: This lab provides experience in creating Value models.
- Lab: Set Up a Fixed Asset Group: Fixed asset groups are an important component of the fixed asset setup. This lab provides experience in setting up those groups.
- Lab: Set Up a Posting Profile: A Posting profile will be set up in a practice environment.
Setup of Assets (9 topics)
- Fixed Asset Form
- Setting Up Assets in the Fixed Asset Module
- Inquiries In The Fixed Assets Form
- Inquiries In The Depreciation Book Form
- Lending Assets
- Assigning Bar Codes to Assets
- Asset Budgeting
- Project Module Integration to Fixed Assets
- Lab: Set Up a Fixed Asset: Comprehensive practice in creating and setting up a fixed asset will be provided in this lab.
Asset Transactions (15 topics)
- Typical Fixed Asset Transaction Types
- Recording Asset Transactions - Acquisitions
- Creating and Acquiring Fixed Assets From Purchase Orders in Accounts Payable
- Recording Asset Transactions - Depreciation
- Recording Asset Transactions - Value Adjustments
- Recording Asset Transactions - Disposals
- Other Asset Transactions
- Transaction Reversals - Fixed Assets
- Replacement Cost and Insured Value Update
- Copying Fixed Assets and Changing Fixed Asset Groups
- Fixed Asset Additions
- Lab: Acquiring an Asset Using the Fixed Assets Journal: In this lab, practice will be provided in acquiring a fixed asset using the Fixed assets journal.
- Lab: Acquiring an Asset Using the Inventory to Fixed Assets Journal: Companies often build fixed assets from inventory items. This lab provides practice in creating and posting the necessary journal.
- Lab: Depreciating an Asset Using a Proposal: For efficiency, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 provides proposal functionality in the asset journals, which aids in the decision and selection of which asset transactions to post. This lab provides practice in working with those proposals.
- Lab: Dispose of an Asset Using the Fixed Assets Journal: Companies often sell or scrap fixed assets, especially at the end of their useful lives. Practice will be provided in this lab for disposal of assets.
Inquiries and Reports (2 topics)
Before attending this course, students must have completed the following courses, or obtained equivalent knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 processes: * Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 * Financials I in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 * Financials II in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
M80020: Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
This 2-day course explores the basic functionality available in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
M80016: Financials I in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
3-day training course M8629: Financials I in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 explores the basic financial functionality available in Microsoft Dynamics AX
M80017: Financials II in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
This 2-day course explores the advanced financial functionality of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.