Principles of Change Management Foundation
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This three day accredited course provides participants with a thorough grounding in the Principles of Change Management.
Experiencing change is inevitable. Maybe it’s been a new boss with new ideas, a new job or a new project you have taken on. Or perhaps you are facing new challenges because of changes in the economic or legislative environment in which you operate. Whatever the cause, making sense of change and peoples’ reactions to it can be difficult. Why is the beneficial change you want to introduce so often subject to resistance from various quarters? How can you make change easier? This course will help you to understand how to support individuals, teams and organisations through that change. It will also consider the attributes required of effective leaders to support successful change.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- understand how to support people learn what they need to during change
- appreciate different approaches to change management and their implications for supporting individuals through change
- understand why people react as they do and how delegates can help individuals through the change process
- appreciate why teams are important in change
- understand what factors contribute to team success
- understand how teams change and develop and so help delegates to deliver improvements in team performance
- identify key metaphors describing how organisations change and how these can help delegates plan appropriate action during change
- understand what assumptions people may have about organisational change
- formulate an integrated model of the change management process and how this can help delegates to introduce successful change within an organisation
- know what key areas need to be considered are when planning organisational change
- understand the difference between management and leadership
- identify different leadership styles and their effects on the change process
- understand the important role leaders have to play in change management
- begin to develop a healthy response to the demands of change management leadership
Delegates will prepare themselves for and take the APMG Principles of Change Management Foundation examination. Photo ID is required to take this exam.
Individuals and Change (3 topics)
- How people react to change
- Psychological approaches to change
- Resistance to change
Change and the Team (3 topics)
- What is a team
- Effective teams
- Teams driving change
Change and the Organisation (3 topics)
- Organisational Metaphors
- Models of change
- Integrated approach to change
Leadership and change (4 topics)
- Management vs Leadership
- Leadership roles
- Emotional competencies of leaders
- Effective leadership
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course. It is however expected that delegates will have management experience or have been involved in managing change in their organisation as business, change, project or programme managers.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Virtual Classroom (London)
Virtual Classroom (Manchester (Oxford St))
Virtual Classroom (Virtual On-Line)