Cinema 4D Rookie
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
In this 3 day Cinema 4D introduction course we’ll cover how this intuitive 3D package can be used for creating amazing still images for print and breathe taking video for broadcast, TV, web and film.
This course coupled with Cinema 4Ds easy interface and logical workflow make it possible for those new to 3D artistry to be producing hi-end 3D scenes quickly.
We will cover modeling techniques for creating bespoke models, typography & objects. We’ll also cover animation, lighting and camera techniques. The course covers an introduction to BodyPaint 3D and how best to texture your models and type. We’ll show you the software’s tight integration with Adobe products as well as other leading compositing and video products. We’ll work through the best rendering and export techniques.
By the end of the course you’ll be able to create your own 3D designs & animation and be ready to move towards some of the more sophisticated features of the software.
Introduction to Maxon Cinema 4D (5 topics)
- Overview of Cinema 4D
- The Cinema 4D interface
- The Camera and Object views
- Customising your workspace
Modelling (9 topics)
- Creating a manipulating primitive shapes
- Creating and understanding splines
- Creating Nurbs
- Shapes and parameters
- Polygon modelling tools
- Creating and applying textures
- Adding text & company logos
- Importing Adobe Illustrator paths
Creating a scene (10 topics)
- Adding a floor object
- Adding the Sky object
- Adding Lighting
- Light textures, projections & shadows
- The Material Manager
- Creating new materials
- Concepts of colour, transparency, reflection...
- Applying a material to an object
- Changing a materials mapping
- Applying Video textures to objects
Body Paint 3D (5 topics)
- Introduction to UV maps
- How to use Body Paint 3D to create textures
- Camera mapping your new models flawlessly into existing imagery
- Projection Painting/Texturing
- How to leverage Adobe Photoshop to really enhance the texturing process.
Animation (10 topics)
- Timeline concepts
- Setting Keyframes
- Animating objects and cameras
- Editing animation sequences
- Creating an animation path for your object
- Animating the camera
- Rendering the animation
- Animating Nurbs
- Multiple cameras
- Animating the light
Rendering / Exporting (8 topics)
- Rendering a view
- Rendering settings
- Rendering for Print
- Rendering for Video
- Rendering with Alpha Channels
- Creating a Render queue
- Importing and exporting from other 3D packages
- Rendering your project to different formats (MOV, Image sequences & Quicktime VR).
A good knowledge of basic operating systems either PC or Mac. A basic understanding of Maxon’s Cinema 4D interface is recommended but not essential.