M80020: Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maneuver within Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009. The course focuses on basic modules and functionality, user interfaces, number sequences, tools and command menus, basic installation, and differentiating features. This is the first course in the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 curriculum and will serve as the entry point for other Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 courses.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 architecture.
- Describe the module integration and key features of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
- Log on and maneuver within Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 windows and help system, and use keyboard shortcuts.
- Create users and user groups.
- Define parameters for the user log.
- Monitor client and server activity in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
- Validate user input for fields, controls, and forms.
- Create number sequences and define parameters on number sequences.
- View references and history.
- Create company accounts and set up company information.
- Create domains.
- Create table collections and enable table data sharing across companies.
- Export and import data from and to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
- Use the Tools menu to access data and customize views.
- Use the Command menu to access system features including hide and show, restore, setup, alert rules, and delete and edit records.
- Perform a single computer installation of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
- Modify a list using MorphX.
- Use Enterprise Portal to enter a sales order.
- Access SQL data tables.
- Describe Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 integration to other Microsoft applications including Microsoft Outlook.
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for novice users of Microsoft Dynamics AX. Students must have basic Microsoft Windows navigation skills.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 (5 topics)
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Technology
- Supply Chain Management
- Project Accounting
- Customer Relationship Management
Functionality Demonstrations (12 topics)
- Enter a Sales Quote
- Customize the Order with Product Builder
- Check the Item Availability
- Convert the Quotation to the Sales Order
- Run Master Scheduling
- Produce the Custom Item
- Purchase Needed Parts
- Ship the Order
- Send an Invoice for the Order
- Check the Amount Invoiced
- Post Payment; Apply Payment
- Check the Account to Verify Posting
Navigate User Interface (6 topics)
- Navigate Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
- Configure Menus
- Exploring the Help System
- Role Center Use in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009,
- Lab: Explore the Application Window
- Lab: Configure Your Workspace
Set up Users (4 topics)
- Install User Role Center
- Set Password Parameters
- Monitor Client and Server Activity.
- Lab: Create a User
Set Up Number Sequences (6 topics)
- Create Number Sequences
- Set Individual Parameters
- View Number Sequence References
- View Number Sequence History.
- Lab: Create Number Sequences
- Lab: Set Number Sequence Parameters
Set up Company Accounts (14 topics)
- Create Domains
- Create Table Collections
- Create Company Accounts
- Create Virtual Company Accounts
- Set up Company Information
- Enter Company Information
- Import and Export Data.
- Lab: Create a Domain
- Lab: Create a Table Collection
- Lab: Create a Company Account
- Lab: Create a Virtual Company Account
- Lab: Set up Company Information
- Lab: Enter Company Information for the New Company
- Lab: Export and Import Cost Categories
Work with Tools Menu (3 topics)
- Tools Menu Overview
- Set User Options
- Lab: Create a Unit Conversion
Work with Command Menu (11 topics)
- Command Menu Overview
- Use Setup Feature
- Use Hide/Show Features
- Create Alert Rules;
- View Record Information
- Mark Records
- Use Document Handling Feature
- Delete Records.
- Lab: Modify a Form
- Lab: Hide/Show a Form
- Lab: Create an Alert
Understand Cross-Over Features (8 topics)
- Microsoft MorphX
- Using Enterprise Portal
- Access SQL Data Tables
- Integration with Other Microsoft Applications
- Using Workflows.
- Lab: Modify a Lookup List
- Lab: Take an Order Using Enterprise Portal
- Lab: Change Name in Data Table.
Before attending this course, students must have basic familiarity with Microsoft Windows.