Accelerated MCTS: Windows 7 Client, Installing and Configuring
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Windows 7 Training Courses.
Course Topics (8 topics)
- Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7
- Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
- Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
- Configuring Network Connectivity
- Configuring Wireless Network Connections
- Securing Windows 7 Desktops
- Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
- Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
This course is intended for IT professionals who currently use a version of Windows client at their work place and are looking at new and better ways to perform some of the current functions whilst gaining MCTS certification. They should already have: * Experience installing PC hardware and devices. * Basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts. * Basic Windows and Active Directory knowledge. * The skills to map network file shares. * Experience working from a command prompt. * Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of applications. For example, how client computer applications communicate with the server. * Basic understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization. * An understanding of the fundamental principles of using printers.