Microsoft SQL Server on NetApp Storage Systems
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Learn to design and implement a high-performance, highly available, consolidated Microsoft® SQL Server solution on a NetApp® storage system. This solution-based course focuses on the optimization of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 in a NetApp storage environment. This course takes you through the entire systems integration process of architecture planning, data migration, backup and restore, disaster recovery, and troubleshooting. By the end of this course, you will be able to confidently deploy Microsoft SQL Server on NetApp storage systems.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Objectives (8 topics)
- Design and implement a high-performance, highly available, consolidated Microsoft SQL Server solution on a NetApp storage system
- Establish a failover cluster on Windows Server 2003 with SnapDrive® created iSCSI storage, describe how it works, and discuss its benefits
- Describe how NetApp deployment on a Windows Server 2003 failover cluster differs from NetApp deployment on a Windows Server 2008 failover cluster
- Install and deploy Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and SnapManager® 5.0 for SQL Server on a Windows Server 2003 failover cluster where SQL Server data is stored on a NetApp storage system
- Describe how deploying NetApp differs between Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 environments
- Create Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database clones for use in test and development environments using SnapManager 5.0 for SQL Server
- Describe and perform the backup and restore process using SnapManager 5.0 for SQL Server
- Describe and implement different disaster recovery methods for a SQL Server and SnapManager solution
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.