CIFS Administration on Data ONTAP 7.3
This course has been retired. Please view currently available NetApp Training Courses.
Course Objectives (9 topics)
- Describe the different CIFS environments
- Identify the appropriate server environment for your storage system to support Windows client users
- Configure the CIFS environment on a storage system by licensing CIFS
- Configure files and options on the storage system
- Administer a storage system in a CIFS environment including creating and managing shares, users, groups, and sessions
- Understand group policy objects and file blocking
- Review approaches to harden security for a storage system in a CIFS environment
- Collect CIFS performance statistics with storage system commands and tools
- Explain how to troubleshoot basic CIFS problems
- Data ONTAP Fundamentals or equivalent experience. - Introduction to Network Appliance Products, v4 (WBT).
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.