Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Custom Workflows for End Users - Core Skills
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This course applies to the following platforms: SharePoint On-Premise, SharePoint Online
The aim of this course is to provide you with the knowledge needed to design, create and manage custom workflows created using SharePoint Designer 2013.
You will utilise your knowledge of SharePoint management and site structure to build no code workflow systems which enable you to automate set processes according to the needs of your business.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Work with existing SharePoint workflows.
- Create and Manage Lists and Libraries using SharePoint Designer.
- Create List workflows using both the 2010 and 2013 workflow templates.
- Understand workflow best practice.
- Create workflow tasks and build initiation forms.
- Use workflows to manipulate data in your site.
- Enable a 2013 workflow to run a 2010 workflow as a sub-workflow.
- Add custom list menu or ribbon commands to run workflows.
This course is aimed at end users, knowledge workers and managers who have the responsibility to create automated business processes within SharePoint Sites. This course is not aimed at a technical audience but end users will appreciate some technical background information.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Workflows (5 topics)
- What are Workflows?
- The Out of the Box (OOTB) Workflows Available in SharePoint
- Working with the Approval OOTB Workflow
- Managing a Workflow
- Limitations of Using Built In Workflows
Principles of using SharePoint Designer (4 topics)
- Opening your site in SharePoint Designer
- The SharePoint Designer 2013 Interface
- Working with Lists and Libraries using Designer
- Adding and Editing List Columns
List Workflows using the SharePoint 2010 Workflow Template (7 topics)
- Why use workflows based on the 2010 Workflow Template?
- The Workflow Interface in SharePoint Designer
- Creating a List Workflow
- Using the Workflow Editor Interface
- Use Variables and Workflow Lookup Data within a Send an Email Action
- Publishing a Workflow
- Running a Workflow
List Workflows using the SharePoint 2013 Workflow Template (8 topics)
- The SharePoint 2013 Workflow Infrastructure
- Creating a Workflow based on the SharePoint 2013 Workflow Template
- The SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow Interface
- Working with Stages in a SharePoint 2013 Workflow
- Using the Transition to Stage feature
- Additional Features
Workflow Tasks and Initiation Forms (9 topics)
- Workflow Task Actions
- The Assign a To-Do Item Task (2010 Template)
- The Collect Data from a User Task (2010 Template)
- Creating Cross List Lookups using Workflow Variables
- The Assign a Form to a Group Task (2010 Template)
- In Sequence and Parallel Tasks
- Tasks Assigned to a SharePoint Group
- The Assign a Task Action (2013 Template)
- Using Custom Initiation Forms
Utilising Data in Workflows (8 topics)
- Using Calculations in Workflows
- Update Data in the Current List
- Look Up Data from Other SharePoint Lists
- Create Items in Other SharePoint Lists
- Update Data in Other SharePoint Lists
- Copy and Delete Data
- Obtain User Profile Data
- The SharePoint Workflow Interop
Creating Workflow Action Commands (3 topics)
- Custom Images for Action Buttons
- Creating Custom Action Commands for a SharePoint Ribbon
- Creating Custom Action Commands for the List Item Menu
- A basic understanding of Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Experience using Internet Explorer or an equivalent browser.
- Experience with or have attended the Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Skills for End User Site Administrators.
- Has an understanding of what is expected of them by their organisation on what business systems or processes need automation.
Please Note: If you attend a course and do not meet the prerequisites you may be asked to leave.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Microsoft SharePoint On-Premises End User Level 1 (2013 / 2016)
This 1-day course provides end-user delegates with the knowledge to carry out basic tasks in SharePoint 2013 and 2016.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.