Access 2010 Level 3
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Your training in and use of Microsoft Office Access 2010 has provided you with a solid foundation in the basic and intermediate skills for working in Microsoft Office Access 2010. You have worked with the various Access objects, such as tables, queries, forms, and reports. In this course, you will extend your knowledge into some of the more specialized and advanced capabilities of Access by structuring existing data, writing advanced queries, working with macros, enhancing forms and reports, and maintaining a database.
The Level 3 course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include working with related tables; creating advanced queries, forms, and reports; writing macros to automate common tasks; and performing general database maintenance. It is also designed as one in a series of courses for students pursuing the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification for Microsoft Office Access 2010, and it is a prerequisite to take more advanced courses in Microsoft Office Access 2010.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Restructure data into appropriate tables to ensure data dependency and minimize redundancy.
- Write advanced queries to analyze and summarize data.
- Create and revise Access 2010 macros.
- Customize reports by using various Access 2010 features, thus making them more effective.
- Maintain your database using tools provided by Access 2010.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Structuring Existing Data (3 topics)
- Analyse Tables
- Create a Junction Table
- Improve the Table Structure
Writing Advanced Queries (5 topics)
- Create Subqueries
- Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
- Group and Summarize Records Using Criteria
- Summarize Data Using a Crosstab Query
- Create a PivotTable and a PivotChart
Simplifying Tasks with Macros (5 topics)
- Create a Macro
- Attach a Macro
- Restrict Records Using a Condition
- Validate Data Using a Macro
- Automate Data Entry Using a Macro
Creating Effective Reports (4 topics)
- Include a Chart in a Report
- Print Data in Columns
- Cancel Printing of a Blank Report
- Publish Reports as PDF
Maintaining an Access Database (5 topics)
- Link Tables to External Data Sources
- Manage a Database
- Determine Object Dependency
- Document a Database
- Analyze the Performance of a Database
Delegates should have attended the Access 2010 Level 1 and Level 2 courses or have equivalent knowledge.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Access 2010 Level 1
Examine the basic database concepts, and create and modify databases and their various objects with this 1-day Access 2010 Level 1 training course.
Access 2010 Level 2
Maintain data consistency, customise database components, and share Access data with other applications on the Access 2010 Level 2 training course.