Microsoft Access Advanced
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course is applicable to users of either 2010, 2013 or 2016 and is for users of Microsoft Access who are looking to obtain skills at an advanced level working behind the scenes of relational databases. If you’re attending a public scheduled course, the course will be delivered on Access 2016.
- Use advanced features in the design of all major objects.
- You will learn how to apply simple automation to database objects using macros, how to use built in database tools to manage a database and also work with external data to import, export and link data in a database.
The course is aimed at users who wish to obtain skills in advanced table, query, form and report design, and manage their databases, as well as users who are looking to provide some levels of automation. These can be users who have already designed databases, have inherited databases or are looking to create databases.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Advanced Table Design (2 topics)
- Advanced Field Properties
- Table Properties
Advanced Query Design (8 topics)
- Advanced Naming Conventions
- Join Tables in Queries
- Manage Query Joins
- Use Self-Joins in Queries
- Summarise Data in Queries
- Parameter Queries
- Action Queries
- Crosstab Queries
Advanced Form Design (5 topics)
- Create Subforms and Linked Forms
- Form Controls
- Command Buttons
- Form Properties
- Interface, Start-Up and Navigations Forms
Working with Macros (6 topics)
- Create Single Macros
- Run Macros
- Work with Sub Macros
- Use Conditional Macros
- Run Macros from Buttons
- Assign Macros to Events
Extending Data Reach (3 topics)
- Import Data
- Export Data
- Work with Linked Table
Managing Databases (10 topics)
- Object Dependencies
- Database Documenter
- Performance Analyzers
- Regular Management of a Database
- Access Database Security
- Appendix 1 - Importing Access Objects
- Appendix 2 - Using Forms with Parameter Queries
- Appendix 3 - Create Union Queries
- Appendix 4 - Custom Web Apps
- Appendix 5 - Relationships (as reference)
Before attending this course, students should have attended QA courses QAACINTC or DAC10L1 or similar.
Equivalent skills that would see students be able to create simple tables, forms, reports and queries, make modifications in the design view of database objects and have a good understanding or relational database concepts such as table relationships are also appropriate.
Please Note: If you attend a course and do not meet the prerequisites you may be asked to leave.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|