Access 2010 Level 2
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
You have the basic skills needed to work with Microsoft Office Access 2010 databases, including creating and working with Access tables, relationships, queries, forms, and reports. But so far, you have been focusing only on essential database user skills. In this course, you will consider how to maintain data consistency, how to customise database components, and how to share Access data with other applications.
Microsoft Office Access 2010: Level 2 is designed for students who would like to learn intermediate-level operations of the Microsoft Office Access program. The Level 2 course is for individuals whose job responsibilities include maintaining data integrity; handling complex queries, forms, and reports; and sharing data between Access and other applications. This course is also a prerequisite to taking more advanced courses in Access 2010.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Modify the design and field properties of a table to streamline data entry and maintain data integrity.
- Retrieve data from tables using joins.
- Create flexible queries to display specified records, allow for user-determined query criteria, and modify data using queries.
- Enhance the capabilities of a form.
- Customize reports to organize the displayed information and produce specific print layouts.
- Share Access data across other applications.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Controlling Data Entry (3 topics)
- Restrict Data Entry Using Field Properties
- Establish a Pattern for Entering Field Values
- Create a List of Values for a Field
Joining Tables (3 topics)
- Create Query Joins
- Join Tables with No Common Fields
- Relate Data Within a Table
Creating Flexible Queries (3 topics)
- Set Select Query Properties
- Retrieve Records Based on Input Criteria
- Create Action Queries
Improving Forms (6 topics)
- Restrict Data Entry in Forms
- Organize Information with Tab Pages
- Add a Command Button to a Form
- Create a Subform
- Display a Summary of Data in a Form
- Change the Display of Data Conditionally
Customising Reports (6 topics)
- Organise Report Information
- Format Reports
- Control Report Pagination
- Summarise Report Information
- Add a Subreport to an Existing Report
- Create a Mailing Label Report
Sharing Data Across Applications (4 topics)
- Import Data into Access
- Export Data to Text File Formats
- Export Access Data to Excel
- Create a Mail Merge
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .