Word 2010 Level 3
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
You know to use Microsoft Office Word 2010 to create and format typical business documents. Now, you may need to work on more complex documents. In this course, you will use Word to create, manage, revise, and distribute long documents and forms.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use Microsoft Office Word 2010 with other programs.
- Collaborate on documents.
- Manage document versions.
- Add reference marks and notes.
- Make long documents easier to use.
- Secure a document.
This course is designed for persons who want to gain skills necessary to manage long documents, collaborate with others, and secure documents. In addition, it will be helpful for persons preparing for the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist exams for Microsoft Word 2010.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Using Microsoft Office Word 2010 with Other Programs (5 topics)
- Link to a Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Worksheet
- Link a Chart to Excel Data
- Send a Document Outline to Microsoft Office PowerPoint
- Extract Text from a Fax
- Send a Document as an Email Message
Collaborating on Documents (6 topics)
- Modify User Information
- Send a Document for Review
- Review a Document
- Compare Document Changes
- Merge Document Changes
- Review Track Changes and Comments
Managing Document Versions (3 topics)
- Create a New Version of a Document
- Compare Document Versions
- Merge Document Versions
Adding Reference Marks and Notes (6 topics)
- Insert Bookmarks
- Insert Footnotes and Endnotes
- Add Captions
- Add Hyperlinks
- Add Cross-References
- Add Citations and a Bibliography
Making Long Documents Easier to Use (7 topics)
- Insert Blank and Cover Pages
- Insert an Index
- Insert Table of Figures
- Insert Table of Authorities
- Insert Table of Contents
- Create a Master Document
- Automatically Summarize a Document
Securing a Document (7 topics)
- Update a Document's Properties
- Hide Text
- Remove Personal Information from a Document
- Set Formatting and Editing Restrictions
- Add a Digital Signature to a Document
- Set a Password for a Document
- Restrict Document Access
Appendix A: Creating Forms (4 topics)
- Add Form Fields to a Document
- Protect a Form
- Save a Form Data as Plain Text
- Automate a Form
Using XML in Word (2 topics)
- Tag an Existing Document
- Transform an XML Document
Students should be able to use Microsoft Office Word 2010 to create, edit, format, save, and print business documents that contain text, tables, and graphics. Students should also be able to use a web browser and an email program. A basic understanding of XML would also be helpful. In order to understand how Word interacts with other applications in the Microsoft Office System, students should have a basic understanding of how worksheets and presentations work. Students should also hold equivalent knowledge to the level of the Microsoft Word 2010 level 1 and Microsoft Word 2010 level 2 courses.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Word 2010 Level 1
Theis 1-day Word 2010 Level 1 training course provides the basic concepts required to create, edit, and enhance standard business documents.
Word 2010 Level 2
This 1-day World 2010 level 2 course provides the skills required to create or modify complex business documents as well as customised Word efficiency tools.