TOGAF™ 9 Foundation and Certified (Level 1 and 2)
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
TOGAF9™ is the foremost generic framework in the field of IS/IT Architecture. It contains substantial guidance on what to do to establish an architecture practice and then how to use it in connection with planning the longer-term transformation of the enterprise (strategic architecture), and designing capabilities to support it.
The TOGAF9™ accredited course examines how practitioners can base their activities on a solid set of processes. It looks at the framework as a whole, including the numerous techniques to assist in organising, governing and now in the latest version, describing architecture. The recommendations on how to adapt the framework to deal with issues such as Security and Service-oriented Architecture are also covered. The course also spans the Learning Points required to take the combined TOGAF™ 9 Foundation and Certified exams (Level 1 & 2), and during the course delegates will be helped to prepare for this combined exam. For full details of the TOGAF™ certification scheme, visit the website www.opengroup.org.
This course will enable delegates to understand all the key Parts of the Framework:
- The Architecture Development Method (ADM) – architecture process
- Guidelines and techniques for using and adapting the ADM
- The Architecture Content Framework – how to describe architecture
- The Enterprise Continuum – a classification system for architecture assets
- TOGAF™ 9 Reference Models – the “building blocks” of an Information System
- Architectural Governance and Capability – governance, skills and maturity
Vouchers will be provided to enable delegates to arrange to take it at a Prometric Test Centre. The course fee includes the cost of the exam vouchers.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Day One (7 topics)
- TOGAF Basic / Core Concepts
- Introduction to the ADM
- Enterprise Continuum
- ADM Phases
- ADM Guidelines
- Architecture Governance
Day Two (10 topics)
- Architecture Views, Viewpoints, and Stakeholders
- Building Blocks
- ADM Deliverables
- TOGAF Reference Models
- Preliminary Phase
- The Architecture Governance Framework
- Architecture Content Framework
- TOGAF Content Metamodel
- Stakeholder Management
- Architecture Implementation Techniques
Day Three (8 topics)
- Phase A: Architecture
- Business Scenarios Technique
- Phase B: Business Architecture
- Phase C: Information Systems Architectures - Data Architecture
- Phase C: Information Systems Architectures - Application Architecture
- TOGAF Foundation Architecture: Technical Reference Model
- Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
- Phase D: Technology Architecture
Day Four (12 topics)
- Phase E: Opportunities and Solutions
- Migration Planning Techniques
- Phase F: Migration Planning
- Phase G: Implementation Governance
- Phase H: Architecture Change Management
- ADM Requirements Management
- Architecture Partitioning
- Guidelines for Adapting the ADM: Iteration and Levels
- Guidelines for Adapting the ADM: Security
- Guidelines for Adapting the ADM: SOA
- Architecture Maturity Models
- Architecture Skills Framework
There are no formal prerequisites for this course and certification. It is however strongly advised that delegates have several years experience in IT in a variety of roles have an understanding of Enterprise or IT Architecture.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.