M50402: Implementing Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This three-day instructor-led course prepares you to design and deploy remote access solutions using Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 (UAG). Forefront UAG provides organizations with unparalleled flexibility in providing access to network resources (such as Web sites and internal applications) with granular access control, custom content protection, and endpoint validation. Forefront UAG also integrates with DirectAccess, a new Windows 7 technology that provides seamless remote access to all corporate resources without connecting to a virtual private network. This course is intended for architects, consultants, network administrators, and technical sales professionals who are responsible for selling, designing, and deploying edge access solutions for enterprises.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Install and configure Forefront UAG as a standalone server or an array member.
- Publish Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server, and Remote Desktop Gateway applications to external users.
- Configure Forefront UAG to authenticate and authorize users, and enforce security policies on clients.
- Use Forefront UAG as a gateway for DirectAccess clients.
- Understand the design and deployment considerations when building an enterprise access solution using Forefront UAG.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Forefront UAG Overview (3 topics)
- Microsoft Business Ready Security Strategy (BRS)
- Forefront Unified Access Gateway Architecture
- Licensing and Availability
Forefront Unified Access Gateway Setup and Upgrade (3 topics)
- Installing Forefront UAG
- Initial Configuration
- Lab: Install Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
Forefront UAG Portal (4 topics)
- Trunks and Portals
- Portal Customization
- Client Detection
- Lab: Create and Configure a Portal Trunk
Publishing Web Applications (5 topics)
- Web Publishing Overview
- Publishing Microsoft Exchange
- Publishing Microsoft SharePoint
- Deploying Federation with AD FS
- Lab: Publishing Exchange Applications
Remote Desktop Gateway Publishing (3 topics)
- Remote Desktop Publishing Overview
- Deploying RD Gateway Publishing
- Lab: Publishing Remote Desktop Services
Remote Network Access (4 topics)
- Remote Network Access Overview
- UAG/SSTP Integration Architecture
- Configuring Remote Network Access
- Lab: Remote Network Access using SSTP
IPv6 and IPv6 Transition Technologies (3 topics)
- IPv6 Overview
- IPv6 Transition Technologies
- Lab: IPv6 and ISATAP
DirectAccess (5 topics)
- DirectAccess Overview
- DirectAccess Solution Components
- Planning a DirectAccess Deployment
- Deploying DirectAccess Using Forefront UAG
- Lab: Deploying DirectAccess
Endpoint Security Policies and NAP Integration (3 topics)
- Endpoint Policies
- Network Access Protection Integration
- Lab: Endpoint Policies and Network Access Protection
Array Management (4 topics)
- Forefront UAG Array Management Overview
- Deploying and Operating Forefront UAG Arrays
- Network Load Balancing Integration
- Lab: Configuring Forefront UAG Arrays
Enterprise Deployment and Troubleshooting (2 topics)
- Deploying Forefront UAG in Enterprise Environments
- Supporting and Troubleshooting Forefront UAG
Solid understanding of Windows networking. Experience with IPv6 is desirable but not required. Working knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, and RADIUS authentication. Basic understanding of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.