M10324: Implementing and Managing Microsoft Desktop Virtualisation
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This five-day, instructor-led course provides you with the knowledge and skills to implement and manage desktop virtualization solutions. This course provides an overview of virtualization and the various Microsoft products that you can use to implement and deploy a virtualization solution. The course explains how to configure and manage a MED-V deployment. Then, it describes the procedures for deploying an App-V solution by implementing App-V servers and clients and by sequencing applications. The course then covers the configuration of Remote Desktop Services and RemoteApp programs. Finally, the course describes the concept of user state virtualization and procedures for configuring the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
The students for this course typically are responsible for implementing their organizations’ desktop and application virtualization, or their information technology (IT) management has directed them to research and/or implement desktop and application virtualization in the existing environment. Students should have a minimum of 1.5 years of experience working with Windows Server 2008 as a server or desktop administrator. This course does not require prior experience with virtualization. However, we highly recommend familiarity with virtualization concepts and management tools.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Plan desktop virtualization scenarios.
- Implement and configure Windows Virtual PC and the Windows XP mode.
- ImplementMicrosoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization.
- Configure and deploy MED-V images.
- Manage a MED-V deployment.
- Implement App-V servers.
- Plan and deploy Application Virtualization clients.
- Administer the App-V infrastructure by using the App-V Management Console.
- Sequence applications for deployment by using the App-V infrastructure or a standalone installation.
- Configure and use Remote Desktop Services and RemoteApp programs.
- Implement user state virtualization.
- Configure and use Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Planning Desktop Virtualization Scenarios (4 topics)
- Overview of Virtualization
- Overview of Virtualization Management
- Overview of Planning a Virtualization Deployment
- Lab: Planning Desktop Virtualization Scenarios
Implementing Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode (5 topics)
- Installing Windows Virtual PC
- Configuring Windows Virtual PC
- Installing, Configuring, and Managing the Windows XP Mode
- Creating and Deploying Custom Images of Windows XP Mode
- Lab: Implementing Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode
Implementing Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (4 topics)
- Overview of Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization
- Implementing MED-V Servers
- Implementing MED-V Clients
- Lab: Implementing MED-V
Configuring and Deploying MED-V Images (3 topics)
- Configuring MED-V Images
- Deploying MED-V Images
- Lab: Configuring and Deploying MED-V Images
Managing a MED-V Deployment (4 topics)
- Implementing the MED-V Workspace Policy
- Working with a MED-V Workspace
- Reporting and Troubleshooting MED-V
- Lab: Managing a MED-V deployment
Implementing App-V (4 topics)
- Introduction to Application Virtualization
- Planning for Application Virtualization
- Deploying Application Virtualization Servers
- Lab: Implementing App-V
Planning and Deploying App-V Clients (10 topics)
- Planning the App-V Client Deployment
- Installing and Configuring the App-V Client
- Managing Client Configuration Features
- Lab: Deploying the App-V Client in Standalone Mode
- Lab: Managing Client Configuration Features
- Testing the App-V Client
- Configuring Root Node Options
- Modifying Desktop Configuration Server Options
- Configuring Applications Using the Desktop Client
- Configuring Offline Mode for Disconnected Mode
Managing and Administering Application Virtualization (10 topics)
- Using the Application Virtualization Management Console
- Publishing Applications into the App-V Environment
- Modifying Published Applications and Configuring Version Upgrades
- Performing Advanced Tasks for Application Virtualization Administration
- Lab: Publishing Applications in the App-V Environment
- Lab: Implementing License Enforcement
- Publishing an Application to be Licensed
- Creating a License Group
- Creating a Provider Policy
- Testing License Enforcement
Sequencing Applications for Virtualization (5 topics)
- Overview of Application Sequencing
- Planning and Configuring the Sequencer Environment
- Performing Application Sequencing
- Advanced Sequencing Scenarios
- Lab: Sequencing Applications for Virtualization
Configuring Remote Desktop Services and the RemoteApp (4 topics)
- Overview of Remote Desktop Services
- Publishing RemoteApp by Using RDS
- Accessing RemoteApp Programs from Clients
- Lab: Configuring Remote Desktop Services and RemoteApp
Implementing User State Virtualization (3 topics)
- Overview of User State
- Configuring Roaming Profiles and Folders Redirection
- Lab: Implementing User State Virtualization
Configuring Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (4 topics)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V Overview
- Introduction to VDI
- Configuring Personal and Pooled Virtual Desktops
- Lab: Configuring Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
Before attending this course, students must have: * Basic skills with Windows Command line * Monitoring and Management Tools * Networking * AD DS, including Group Policy deployments * Performance Monitoring * Troubleshooting