BCS Specialist Certificate in Service Level Management
This course has been retired. Please view currently available ITIL Training Courses.
Course Topics (15 topics)
- Explain the goals and objectives of Service Level Management
- Understand and explain processes and roles of Service Level Management
- Use different approaches to, and application of, standards, industry best practice frameworks and guidelines, relevant to Service Level Management
- Develop and improve the customer and business focus of Service Level Management
- Compile and maintain a Service Catalogue
- Plan and construct a suitable structure and format for Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Identify Service Level Requirements (SLRs) via discussion and agreement with the Customer
- Negotiate and agree SLAs with the Customer.
- Understand and identify Operating Level Agreements (OLAs)
- Negotiate and agree OLAs with the IT Providers
- Implement and manage Service Improvement Programmes (SIPs)
- Be aware of the support tools and techniques available for the implementation and support of Service Level Management
- Monitor, review and report on service performance against SLA and OLA targets
- Understand the interdependencies between Service Level Management and other IT areas and processes
- Assist with the planning and implementation of Service Level Management
- Possession of the ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in Service Management or the ITIL V2 Foundation Certificate in Service Management plus the Bridging Certificate is mandatory before the qualification can be awarded.
- Candidates who do not yet hold either of the above (e.g. they are waiting for their Foundation result) will have their exam result withheld until they can provide evidence of certification.
- On attending the course please ensure you provide documented evidence that you have passed the ITIL Version 3 Foundation Certificate or ITIL Version 2-3 Foundation Bridge Certificate, by either presenting your certificate (or a copy of your certificate) to the course lecturer. If you cannot provide the physical certificate, then as a minimum you must provide the certificate number. If the exam board was not ISEB, you must also provide the name of the examination board who issued the certificate. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in you exam results being withheld by the exam accreditation body. If you have lost your certificate or you do not have a record of your certificate number please contact ISEB directly before attending the course. ISEB can be contacted on the following number 01793 417655.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - ITILV3 training course covers the five core fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library.