BCS Specialist Certificate in Service Desk and Incident Management
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course provides candidates with an understanding of industry best practice in relation to the operation of the Service Desk function and the Incident Management process. In addition to the principles underpinning these service management disciplines the course provides practical experience of planning, implementing, operating, monitoring, reporting, and improving a Service Desk and the management of incidents.
The Service Desk and Incident Management Specialist Certificate qualification reflects the general industry best practices currently in use in IT Service Management (ITSM) and particularly Service Desk and Incident Management (SDIM). The subject matter within this qualification is based on best practice, frameworks and standards including ITIL, COBIT and ISO/IEC 20000. This qualification forms part of the ‘ITSM Specialist’ series.
This course is aimed at:
- Individuals who require a working knowledge of the industry best practice used in SDIM and how it may be used to enhance the quality of ITSM within an organisation.
- IT professionals who are working within an organisation which has adopted and adapted some of these practices and are required to deliver or improve SDIM within an ongoing Service Improvement Programme (SIP).
The examination is a 1½ hours "closed book", multiple-choice paper. There are 25 questions which are scenario based. Normally, the examination will be held on-site at the conclusion of the course. However, ISEB will normally also arrange four central examinations per year in March, June, September and December; please contact the ISEB for further details.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (15 topics)
- Explain the goal and objectives of the Service Desk
- Explain the goal and objectives of Incident Management
- Understand and explain processes, roles and functions, especially those related to SDIM
- Use different approaches to, and application of, standards, industry best practice frameworks and guidelines, relevant to SDIM
- Develop and improve the customer and business focus of SDIM
- Use and apply the Incident Management process to manage the resolution of incidents by the Service Desk and all other areas of IT
- Define Service Desk requirements and understand, select, develop and implement the most appropriate Service Desk solutions, technology and environment
- Implement and manage incidents through all stages of the incident lifecycle
- Develop and agree incident categories and priorities in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders
- Co-ordinate, schedule, target and focus resources on the resolution of incidents, based on priorities
- Be aware of the support tools and techniques available for the implementation and support of Incident Management and the Service Desk, where possible identifying and instigating improvements
- Practical analysis of incident records, reports and statistics and propose resolutions to reduce the number of incidents by proactively preventing potential incidents, in conjunction with Problem Management
- Produce SDIM reports for dissemination and interpret and use their contents
- Understand the interdependencies between SDIM and other IT areas and processes
- Assist with the planning and implementation of SDIM
- Possession of the ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in Service Management or the ITIL V2 Foundation Certificate in Service Management plus the Bridging Certificate is mandatory before the qualification can be awarded.
- Candidates who do not yet hold either of the above (e.g. they are waiting for their Foundation result) will have their exam result withheld until they can provide evidence of certification.
- On attending the course please ensure you provide documented evidence that you have passed the ITIL Version 3 Foundation Certificate or ITIL Version 2-3 Foundation Bridge Certificate by either presenting your certificate (or a copy of your certificate ) to the course lecturer. If you cannot provide the physical certificate, then as a minimum you must provide the certificate number. If the exam board was not ISEB, you must also provide the name of the examination board who issued the certificate. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in you exam results being withheld by the exam accreditation body. If you have lost your certificate or you do not have a record of your certificate number please contact ISEB directly before attending the course. ISEB can be contacted on the following number 01793 417655.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - ITILV3 training course covers the five core fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library.