BCS Specialist Certificate in Service Desk and Incident Management
This course has been retired. Please view currently available ITIL Training Courses.
Course Topics (15 topics)
- Explain the goal and objectives of the Service Desk
- Explain the goal and objectives of Incident Management
- Understand and explain processes, roles and functions, especially those related to SDIM
- Use different approaches to, and application of, standards, industry best practice frameworks and guidelines, relevant to SDIM
- Develop and improve the customer and business focus of SDIM
- Use and apply the Incident Management process to manage the resolution of incidents by the Service Desk and all other areas of IT
- Define Service Desk requirements and understand, select, develop and implement the most appropriate Service Desk solutions, technology and environment
- Implement and manage incidents through all stages of the incident lifecycle
- Develop and agree incident categories and priorities in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders
- Co-ordinate, schedule, target and focus resources on the resolution of incidents, based on priorities
- Be aware of the support tools and techniques available for the implementation and support of Incident Management and the Service Desk, where possible identifying and instigating improvements
- Practical analysis of incident records, reports and statistics and propose resolutions to reduce the number of incidents by proactively preventing potential incidents, in conjunction with Problem Management
- Produce SDIM reports for dissemination and interpret and use their contents
- Understand the interdependencies between SDIM and other IT areas and processes
- Assist with the planning and implementation of SDIM
- Possession of the ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in Service Management or the ITIL V2 Foundation Certificate in Service Management plus the Bridging Certificate is mandatory before the qualification can be awarded.
- Candidates who do not yet hold either of the above (e.g. they are waiting for their Foundation result) will have their exam result withheld until they can provide evidence of certification.
- On attending the course please ensure you provide documented evidence that you have passed the ITIL Version 3 Foundation Certificate or ITIL Version 2-3 Foundation Bridge Certificate by either presenting your certificate (or a copy of your certificate ) to the course lecturer. If you cannot provide the physical certificate, then as a minimum you must provide the certificate number. If the exam board was not ISEB, you must also provide the name of the examination board who issued the certificate. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in you exam results being withheld by the exam accreditation body. If you have lost your certificate or you do not have a record of your certificate number please contact ISEB directly before attending the course. ISEB can be contacted on the following number 01793 417655.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - ITILV3 training course covers the five core fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library.